TradeSignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gaijin2006, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Hello pzwag,

Could you please tell us what MultiCharts bugs made you unhappy with it? Would you consider using MultiCharts if those bugs were corrected? I am not trying to necessarily sell it to you, but I do want to make MultiCharts better. Therefore, even if you would not consider using MultiCharts again, do you think you could find the time to sit down and write down the bugs that you have encountered working with MC?

Thank you.

#21     Oct 7, 2008
  2. pzwag

pzwag

Thanks for asking the question.
    I appreciate it.
    a few issues why i dont like mc.
    mc support in austrlia time is something like midnight to 6am. (terrible time)
    Support is there and is reasonable.
    50% of my issues with mc were fixed in mc 4.
    the data manager works poorly for me.
    using ts8 data fill. This is my biggest issue.
    sometimes i could get say @es.d but not $idx data. $idx would not feed at all, or would feed with holes in it. It gave me little confidence to use the product for live trading.
    It also seemed very slow to pull down data compared to ts8, even though tik data turned off
    The whole product feels like a powerfull version of ts2000i. ts2000i however is a dog. unfriendly. migration from ts8 to mc is a step backwards.
    ie seperate data mangerage, code editor etc. mc of course has numermous features
    that ts8 shouldhave impliented years ago.
    ie multicore, optimisation over groups of signals. 3 d graphs etc

try the 15 day trial of tradesignal, and you will see it seems a joy to use.

Just to make my point. I was (am?) a serious potential buyer of mc4, but the support hours and most of all the data manager are my main gripes. Likely I will try tradesignal.
    I have some minor gripes with tradesignal
    my review was below.......................
    his is a rough review on tradesignal. Ive spend an hour looking at
    the product.

While I like tradestation, it has limitations.
    ie no multicpu support.
    inability to optimised portfolios, no xys second charts.
    dax data I personally think is very very slow (fixed today) It lagged 20minutes,
    but typically a minute)

tsupport made mulitcharts which is a jazzed up version of ts2000i.
    Its powerfully, fast, buggy, unfriendly and imports eld files but not
    workspaces. The new beta version 4 is more useable and less buggy
    than the older 3.1 I think performance reports still have
    inaccuracies, and I dont like the format.
    It support xyz second charts, portfolios multiple cpu etc.
    Many data feeds support, though I personaly have lots of trouble with
    them. (even ts 8 supported) Others say this works well.

Now there is a german product tradesignal.com
    It feels like a product thats freshly designed

It has cme futures data and all the usual data we need.
    the easylanguage is perhaps 90% the same, but very easy to convert.
    it things like the calcdate(x,y) function is different, but you could export (by cut and past)
    the tradestation function to tradesignal.
    Tradesignals easylange is called Equilla
    printtofile = fileappend
    removefile=filedelete
    lastbar = lastbaronchart see also (BarStatusClosingTick)
    eld files not compatable with ts8, but cuting and pasting etc should be fine.

#22     Oct 7, 2008
  3. Hi pzwag,

I am afraid that the information that you have is not quite accurate. Our support representatives start working at 21:30 Australia time (Canberra time). I understand that this might not be the most convenient time, but it is still better than the hours of the companies located in the US.

From what I know, our customers work with the above symbols. So I think that the problem can be solved if you contact our customer support.

According to our tests, the speed of data loading in MultiCharts is very close to that of TS. The difference can be noticeable on hundreds of thousands of bars. How much data did you request? Once again, it would be best if we studied this particular issue to help you with it.

It depends on how you look at it. We support 20 different datafeeds. You can use Bloomberg for $2000 a month or OpenTick for free. TS8 won’t allow you to do that. The flexibility comes at a price, but it’s a very low price to pay for the freedom to choose your datafeed. You just need to know symbol names. The rest is very similar to working with TradeStation, only TS does not give you the possibility to merge or edit data. You can do that in MultiCharts, though.

Many MultiCharts users insisted that we should not make Script Editor an internal program window!

I will certainly do that, but anyways I will have to configure the datafeeds since they are not built-in (just like in MC). In other words, the two platforms are similar in this respect.

I am sure we can resolve those problems.

What exactly don’t you like about the format?

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards.

#23     Oct 7, 2008
  4. pzwag

pzwag

I was not at all happy with tradesignal.
    show stoppers like you do not have the russell 2000 (nybot/ice) means I didnt even start to try the product.

#24     Oct 31, 2008
  5. why not just take the 14 day trial and see for yourself instead of relying on other's opinions?

#25     Oct 31, 2008
  6. >Tradesignal

Have any improvements been made to the charting functions such as those I mentioned in my post 2 years ago (see below)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11-04-06 11:27 PM

I'm using the trial version now and find it quite good
    in many respects. However, I think it could be greatly
    improved by adding the following:

1) being able to drag to expand and contract the the y and x
    axis.
    2) pop up charts that can be dragged outside the platform
    and saved in that position.
    3) pop ups for all windows(charts, news etc.) with an 'always
    on top' function.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#26     Nov 1, 2008
  7. >TradeSignal

It's good that the functions mentioned in 1 and 2 are now available.
    However, without an 'always on top' function you wind up wasting screen space which many traders value highly.

What I, and others, find with many platforms is that they are not
    designed from the trader's standpoint. Instead they just center
    around providing data, while greatly lacking in ease of use.
    If I had the ability to design a platform, the two points I would give highest priority to following accurate data are:
    1. The ability for the user to adjust to his liking anything and everything visible on the screen.
    2. To provide the user with the functions to customize the screen to where it can be designed 100% to his liking and to where not 1mm of space would be wasted.

Now, no such platform exists. However, all of the functions do, but spread over eSignal, TradeStation etc. The vendor who can put all of these together will have a great product.

#27     Nov 3, 2008
  8. pzwag

pzwag

Tradesignal,
    i would also like to see some intraday data in the demo.
    I dont trade on daily bars.
    some es, er2, rusell 2000 cash indice
    emd, emd cash etc.
    I couldnt evaluate the product on my systems using daily data.

#28     Nov 3, 2008
  9. pzwag

pzwag

Hi Andrew,
    each time I look at multicharts it gets better, but always feels like its a beta version with bugs /features missing.
    the fact that i_marketposition doesnt work even in version 5 beta is a total show stopper. I will not buy the product.
    I need this to drive my api + many other functions.
    mc support starts somewhere between 10:30pm cambera time to 11 pm. Thats also bad.
    mc still has lots of potential.
    I am so unhappy with ts data feed on the dax, I need an alternative.
    owndata is possible, but ive seen 2 second delays on ts data on mc vs ts data on ts. I also would like the features that non ts programs offer that are very over due. ts is a good product, but lagging in comparison to features of its competitors.
    owndata is about the same price as mc, so not good value for money. I also dont know if it will work with ts9 when it comes out next year (no idea when)

#29     Nov 25, 2008
  10. Hi pzwag,
    i_ functions will be implemented shortly. They should be available as early as the beginning of the next year.

The majority of our customers live in the US, hence the support time. What time would be convenient for you? We'll think what we can do for you.

We have not witnessed any such delays. If the problem is persistent and you could show it to us, please contact our customer support service to demostrate the issue. Also, if you are not happy with TS's data, you could use any of the other 19 feeds supported in MultiCharts.

Could you please specify what features you would like to see in MultiCharts?

#30     Nov 28, 2008