Tradesight

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TradesightChris, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Phone number 480-857-8637.

We don't have a physical location, thus no address. For example, I'm in Arizona, Mark Likos is in Walnut Creek, CA, Rich Derrick is in New Jersey, and Ran Eckhaus is in Israel.

As for the analysts' experience:

Rich Derrick went to NY Institute of Finance and was alternately a trade desk operative for a major NY member firm and then a co-manager of a major hedge fund.

Mark Likos has developed futures trading system for the CME back as far as 1992, and also manages client money.

I have (in order over the last 17 years) run a NASDAQ desk, owned a BD, traded customer funds (as a broker), managed a hedge fund, and done Tradesight.

In the Lab (again, you can have a free week's access to the Lab with the trial service), I think you'd find that there's a level of discussion above what you'd hear at a prop-house. But in direct answer to your question, we've all (either in the past or currently still) managed funds directly. Any of the analysts would be happy to talk to you directly about our trading backgrounds.

#21     Nov 8, 2008
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

Likos as in Likos letter?

#22     Nov 8, 2008
  3. Yup.

#23     Nov 8, 2008
  4. Our calls for Monday include ONXX > 30.99, AMZN > 50.08, OSIP > 41.88, PLCE < 25.02, and PLCM < 18.16. However, the futures are currently (as of midnight EST) showing an S&P gap up around 20 points from Friday's close. This is a considerable gap, and it will likely ruin the long ideas and place the shorts nowhere near their entries. Therefore, we'll be calling intraday action live from the tape. Tuesday is a bank Holiday, so the stock market should be fairly dead. I'll probably wait until Wednesday to post the calls here again for a more normal day.

#24     Nov 10, 2008
  5. Was it AMZN > 50.08 to long, or >50.08 to short?

#25     Nov 10, 2008
  6. As I said in the post, the long calls (the three with >) are basically ruined by a 20 point gap up in the S&P because the gap fill is more likely. Because today was unusual (big gap), I'm going to post the recording of the first 30 minutes or so of our Trading Lab. Keep in mind that this only records when we actually talk, so it sounds like it's one continuous speech, when in fact it's about 17 minutes of recording time that covered 32 minutes of real time, but you should be able to sort it out. It includes charts that we put up in the Lab. The recording shows them as static images, while in the room they are real-time dynamic charts.

http://www.tradesight.com/presentations/tradesightwebcast20081110/index.htm

That should make it easier to see what we do on a gap session. It includes a few minutes of pre-market comments about what to look for at the open, and then rolls into the market action. If you have questions, let me know. You'll hear trade calls in stuff like AAPL, ERTS, PLCE, AMGN, RIMM, NVLS, the ES, and GBPUSD. Not all of them had triggered by the end of the first 30 minutes.

#26     Nov 10, 2008
  7. And also, just to be clear, the longs might have been ruined by the gap, but the market headed down and the shorts were still valid. PLCE short trigger was given at 25.02, with a stop also provided in the report at 25.30. It triggered short and has so far hit a low of 23.85. You'll hear that discussed in the recording.

#27     Nov 10, 2008
  8. Market just closed. So the PLCE short under 25.02 never went more than $0.08 against and closed at $22.25, with a low of $21.69. Also, if you watched the morning recording that I posted back a couple of posts, you saw the calls right before the end of the recording. The one that triggered was NVLS short under $13.91, never went more than $0.03 against, and closed at $13.36. Everything else that we called for the rest of the day, I won't take credit for here or I'd be (rightly) accused of just talking about winning trades that I never gave you guys in advance.

Tomorrow is a bank holiday so probably won't be worth a lot, but I'll be back later in the week.

Those of you that are emailing me, please use chris@tradesight.com directly instead of the contact page of the site. It gets to me faster. I reply to all emails.

Trade well.

#28     Nov 10, 2008
  9. You are going to a lot of effort to avoid having your calls audited.

#29     Nov 11, 2008
  10. Not at all. I'm making them open for everyone. I have every trade call that I've made and the chart of how it played out going back to 2002 on my site. Nice try though.

#30     Nov 11, 2008