Tradescape online--Tradescape Pro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limbo, Jan 27, 2002.

1. limbo

limbo

I thank you for your 2c Murphy-your info is valuable to my decision. BTW both companies told me they would not be represented at the NYC show. This clearly does not bode well at all. Again I thank you and I will assume your information is first hand(you worked with them quite possibly?). You sound very strong with your news of their enronesque behavior.

#51     Feb 12, 2002
  2. Just my 2 cents but have you seen the people that visit those shows? If it were my $50,000 to spend I would choose to spend it on effective advertising/marketing/promotional efforts rather than buy a fancy booth that I will use once a year and then spend thousands of dollars on travel and expo costs to stand around and answer questions from a bunch of mutes salivating over Oliver Velez talking about those "clandistine market participants"....and who have no real intention of opening an account anyway. See you all at the show! :)

#52     Feb 12, 2002
  3. limbo

limbo

Dat-with all due respect here-your 2c ain't worth a plug nickel--Not to be represented at the show in some fashion is a sad situation and you have no case whatsoever.

#53     Feb 12, 2002
  4. Easy there Limbo I thought we were "friends" and now you have hurt my feelings. Did we have a bad day trading this morning? Tell you what, I will keep my "plug nickel"s worth of commission savings while you keep on spending your "plug dollars worth" getting bad fills with Cyber. Hint...I will be the one selling to you after I have already scalped 20 cents on the trade. :)

Hmm I don't see MB Trading/Navigator as an exhibitor at the expo. I hardly think they are in a "sad" situation, they have just learned-after spending $200,000 the past 3 years on the expo- how to more effectively employ their marketing and promotional capital.

Gimme a break dude like I have a "case" to make anyway. Do not ask me any more questions about the PD platform. The industry is obviously on shaky ground across the board. Any one who would make a decision on who to trade with based on their attendence at a BS trade show is clueless IMO.

#54     Feb 12, 2002
  5. limbo

limbo

Dat never meant to hurt your feelings. We are friends--I respect your posts a great deal plus the info you have furnished on PD-- however you are much too sensitive. You have banished me from the land(can't ask you anymore questions) and have determined that I am clueless--this hurts my feelings..If my manner of speech in prior post was too harsh--I apologize.

#55     Feb 12, 2002
  6. Sorry Limbo the "your 2 cents aint worth a plug nickle" comment just got to me I guess. I already got bashed on this thread earlier for promoting PD so like many before me, you kind of get sick of typing all these words to help answer questions then get slammed for it. But no need to over react so let's forget it. Like I said before, if they were to close shop I would have to find another platform/broker to trade with like anyone else, but for now their commission structure and super fast executions make an unmatched combination IMO.

And I do believe what I said about the expo. Firms realize that the Heydays are gone and capital is tight etc., and it just ain't worth all the hassle for the BS hoopla. Having said that I am looking forward to watching all the vendors that disagree do their dog and pony shows this weekend. See you there.

Dat

#56     Feb 12, 2002
  7. limbo

limbo

Dat-You may very well be right about the show--as I do not have your experience of the industry or trading for that matter. I thank you again for all the good info you provide--and I DO look forward to meeting you at the show.

#57     Feb 12, 2002
  8. All I will say is that whomever you choose to invest with, DO IT WISELY.... I know many things and can not disclose of them... Within a few weeks, you will all see the pieces of the puzzle come together... TRUST ME

#58     Feb 13, 2002
  9. Activetrading-I still don't see it as being any sort of risk or anything. BOth Tradescape and PD are introducing brokers, all the funds are held by their respective clearing firms. So if one is concerned about "investing wisely" then we should be doing our DD on the clearing firms. The potential for failure of the introducing broker/ trading company to me would mean having to find a new broker/trading platform to trade with simple as that. DO you disagree?

#59     Feb 13, 2002
  10. e_shadoe

e_shadoe

Can someone tell me what the risks of PointDirex going out of business really means. If they go bankrupt, isn't SWS (NYSE) there to cover your account balances? And the last time I checked, it didn't seem like they were in any kind of trouble? can someone add to this risk component?

#60     Feb 13, 2002