Tradescape online--Tradescape Pro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limbo, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Your right I don't have any idea.......because I was talking about Point Direx not Tradescape.
    signed.....Dattrader the fool :)

PS just to clarify...ActiveTrading were you talking about Point Direx or TradeScape?

#41     Feb 6, 2002
  2. murphy

murphy

If you weren't talking about Tradescape on the Tradescape thread.

My Bad Dattraders.

Tradescape still sucks!!!

:D

#42     Feb 6, 2002
  3. murphy, I maintain an acct at Tradescape as a backup, rarely used these days.

Exactly what kind of shape are they in. Not worried about the money as its < what's covered by SIPC.

#43     Feb 6, 2002
  4. i'm sure that for the most part none of us know exactly what the situation is at any of these companies...and i don't think it's appropriate to personally attack people personally in a venue like this. I wrote in to suggest that perhaps caution should be taken when switching to a new software, especially one in infant stages( i'm sorry dattrader if you have been with PD for more than a couple months you would know how young that platform really is) And as far as MURPHY goes i wonder how long he has been or was with the firm. I went to a trades a couple of months back, there were alot of traders who had the same attitude about whichever firm they were trading with. the only problem is that most of them were the kind of traders who came into the business during the bull market and have no idea how to actually trade. and now are really upset about the fact that thet can't hack it. I remember a guy named murphy from tradescape. I stopped in, back in '98 when they were up in the bloomberg bldg (ragtag office, but i guess effective). not exactly a personable character... could this be the same chap?
    It is my opinion that software has become comotitized, every body's does basically the same thing. the ones that have been around the longest tend to be a bit more stable, but also a bit more expensive.

and be nice.... you never know who's looking at these things

#44     Feb 6, 2002
  5. Murphy-no problem just wanted to clear it up

Your money is with the clearing firm anyway since Tradescape is an introducing broker.....they clear thru Southwest.

#45     Feb 7, 2002
  6. I am just making a clear point... I have heard many stories with regards to the company... I know a lot more information than you do buddy...

#46     Feb 9, 2002
  7. limbo

limbo

Active I'm considering working with these people and if you have any information--and apparently you do-- kindly spill the beans my friend--let it out. What's going on? What is the situation? Obviously I'd appreciate hearing this info--thx. I think it would be wrong if you don't tell us.

#47     Feb 9, 2002
  8. Then by all means fill us in...we are all ears.

#48     Feb 9, 2002
  9. limbo

limbo

Not a peep from activetrader????????????You've made some very sharp statments and now refuse to deliver the real info---this is a character thing my friend. Anybody reading your posts future and past should take into mind your lack of character displayed here. Damn right I'm mad..................... Murphy would you be kind enough to elaborate a bit on your tradescape comments. If I don't go with point direx--I've also spoken to tradescape people so I(and many others) would really appreciate knowing more--much thx

#49     Feb 11, 2002
  10. murphy

murphy

Limbo,

You've probably heard it already but a lot of professional daytrading firms are in financial trouble.. well, in NYC area anyway. Most firms are letting traders trade at cost so they can steal traders from each other.

As for Tradescape, the biggest mistake they made was to spend tons on money on MKXT and they are just burning cash everyday.

When MKXT was bought, traders were rewarded with rebates for using the mkxt ecn. After a few month, most people either never heard of mkxt or barly use it. The ecn lacked vol and it was a total waste of money.

1) They cut off the rebate program to save money.
    2) They reduced their workfoce and office space

and here's the biggie,

They are pumping the mkxt volume with their own trading accounts.

Meaning they are trading among their own company accounts to boost the mkxt volume.

I may be wrong but you will see a bunch of trading firms go belly up in a few months. Volume has died and traders are gone.

This is way you'll see more and more stupid chatrooms spuring up in the mkt, desperate people are looking for the holly grail and they'll do anything they can to succeed in this biz.

my two cents,

:D

#50     Feb 11, 2002