Tradescape online--Tradescape Pro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limbo, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Pablo/Paul that is too funny. I should be able to do another WEBX demo of the Point Direx platform tomorrow or Monday...only this time I will be doing it on the Platinum product.

For anywone else who wants to take a peak, I was playing around with a software where I can transmit my trading screen and do some live (small share) executions to illustrate some if its functionality. PM me if you are interested in seeing it as these virtual meetings are free up to so many people.

Janko,

The floor manager their in Orlando who I knew pretty well just left to back down to Boca but I can check with them if you want. I trade from NY though. I think if you have a recent track record (considering recent market it likely just has to show no significant losses vs any big gains :) ) they will definitely consider you.

#31     Jan 31, 2002
  2. You might want to see how long these products have been around before jumping on the bandwagon... there's a reason why many of the Trading technology firms have gone out of buisness. in my experience it's good to let a firm make they're software mistakes with theyre own money instead of yours... to see if they're product will stand up in times of volume (anything younger than 6 months has never seen "high" market volume)that's where many of them crack. Also the fact that they aren't backward compatible with older versions of windows is a little concerning. Coming from the development world that's usually a sign of lack of concern for details and an effort to get a product out the door fast, not exactly something i want to bet my hard earned money on. On the other hand it could be fine. But why risk it ,with the market in the condition it is, without doing the homework.

#32     Feb 6, 2002
  3. I HEARD TERROR STORIES OF THIS COMPANY... I ALSO KNOW THEY JUST LAID OF LIKE 80 PEOPLE... JUST BE CAUTIOUS...

#33     Feb 6, 2002
  4. What exactly do you mean by a "terror" story?! What in the heck does that mean or imply?

As far as laying off 80 people, the firm never even employed that many people. I have been to their main trading floor and home office many times so I can attest to this.

They did lay off a few slackers recently. Hmm ActiveTradings first post.... all capitals indicating emotion.....could you be one of these slackers?

#34     Feb 6, 2002
  5. PointDirex ProPlatform has been around for 2 plus years used exclusively by proprietary traders much like Sonic and Watcher.....also the Win NT/2000 issue is one of the programmers not trusting the Win 98 architecture to effecintly run their software. THen again I have no experience or knowledge with development so I would believe anything. I can tell you that overall my PC runs about a MIILLION times better on 2000 than it did on 98 so perhaps they are right.

PS you forgot to put "Will Robinson" after the "Danger, Danger" lol

#35     Feb 6, 2002
  6. Does anyone else think it is kind of funny that "DATTrader" keeps pumping this company up???? Of the 200+ POSTS on Pointdirex, almost 95% of them are pumping up the company by the same few members... hmmm.... WHY DON'T YOU TAKE OUT AN AD???? This person obviously works for them and is in their marketing dept... As for if I am one of the slackers who got laid off, NOT ME.... I have been trading for years and am still profitable...

#36     Feb 6, 2002
  7. janko

janko

i guess one problem with the basic level1 platform is unable to execute orders in after or before mkt hours. so that is a draw back, i believe with ib you can route to all ecns afterhours and before, so that is a downside, but i guess the other paltforms allow you to do so.
    any comments datt?
    thnx

#37     Feb 6, 2002
  8. 95% of 200 is 190 and I can assure you that out of my 200 plus TOTAL posts, a vast minority have been about PD. I live in New York they are in Florida. I trade their capital, simple as that. I think their platform is truly awesome from an executions standpoint and there commissions are very competetive. That is all I ever said about them. If they are in trouble, I will know soon enough but I seriously doubt this is the case. Who/where did you hear this from and more importantly how reliable is it in your opinion?

I just think it is strange that you registered today and that you would choose such an irrelevant topic to YOU as a trader (since you don't use them) to represent your first post.

#38     Feb 6, 2002
  9. Janko,

Again I have not personally traded on the Level 1 product. But yes the other platforms do allow pre/post mkt trades. I have no idea if the Level 1 will have pre/post at some point.

#39     Feb 6, 2002
  10. murphy

murphy

Tradescape.com is in serious trouble alright.

Why don't you take a trip to lex/57th street to the HQ and ask Omar how everything is???

Layoffs are the tip of the iceberg my friend.

The millions spend on mkxt will bite them in the ass.

btw, ask them why they stop the rebate program and whey all the traders are leaving.

Dude, you have no idea.

and I do cuz I'm from the inside fool

:cool:

#40     Feb 6, 2002