Tradescape online--Tradescape Pro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limbo, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Fast!!

(just wanted to get a few extra posts up on you :)

#21     Jan 29, 2002
  2. limbo

limbo

You got me Dat--but we're running neck 'n neck-it ain't over -that's hysterical:D --

#22     Jan 29, 2002
  3. paul2k

paul2k

Hi, read your post about PD, and I´ll give it a try, let me know how can I move the window of the pro version to another monitor??, since I have 5 monitors and the window stuck in one and I can´t move it.

Another question is regarding Foreign accounts, do you know if they accept overseas customers??

Thanks.

Paul.

#23     Jan 29, 2002
  4. I was with tradescape until oct. (when I switched to IB). Tradescape had fine executions, no charting, no options. The reason I left was they don't seem to have ANY stocks to short.

#24     Jan 29, 2002
  5. limbo

limbo

Dat-Bundle brings up a good point--How is the short shares availability at PD please??-Again much thanks.

#25     Jan 30, 2002
  6. janko

janko

hey gang, i got a question on what exactly is pd's order routin procedure, i saw their little cahrt of their DORS rounting system but still muchis left to the imagination as far as what actually gets done and how. anyone care to explain and shed some light on this? it doesnt look like a bad paltform compared to ib, ok so you pay .20 penny more if you dont have the 30k to opent he act, but to open the regualr act with minimum of jsut 500 bucks, not bad for the begginer swing trader. huuhh!?!??!?

#26     Jan 30, 2002
  7. janko

janko

i have played with the tradescape demo back in teh days, a year ago or so, is pd the same? i know its java based but how is their reliability? i remember using the demo on tradescape and sometimes the quotes would jsut stop feeding through, teh cancel messages would come back 3 minutes later etc.. is this a much better feed through and is it reliable for order entry and cxls aswell?!?
    thnx

#27     Jan 30, 2002
  8. OK In order:

Paul-with the Pro 4.13 version the page layout is fixed. THe platinum is scheduled for release this week and I have beta tested it. It is awesome and is more windows like in that you can move everything around (l2 boxes etc.) Having said that, I was talking with another PD trader today and he said something about "fooling" my PC (or maybe the Direx program) into thinking a different monitor is the primary monitor since Direx is set to run on the primary monitor. I did not pay much attention because it is moot after Platinum is released. Come to think of it his name was Pablo (Paul) and he also asked about foreign accounts...is this you?

Limbo-The short list is (obviously) a function of the clearing firm rather than the (introducing) DAT Broker/Dealer. PD clears through Southwest Securities and I have had no problem shorting stocks. In fact I can only think of one time I tried to short and the stock was not shortable. WHo did/does Tradescape clear through?

Janko,

I believe there are many similarities between TradeScape and PointDIrex. Unfortunately, I cannot speak on the Level 1 product of which you are referring as I trade of the Pro platform. I do not believe it is JAVA based though....I know the Pro is not anyway. As far as DORS goes, it seems to be quite advanced logic but again I cannot speak on it because I do not use it. ALthough it is available, I have always been an order routing fanatic and just do all my own stuff to get a fill. But I agree that the .2 more per share would be well worth it if DORS is as efficient as they make it sound. Again sorry to be so vague but haven't actually traded with that product.

Damn Limbo what was I thinking, I could have split this up into three separate posts??!! I am such an idiot. :)

#28     Jan 30, 2002
  9. janko

janko

hey DAT, i think i emailed you once regarding getting a job with these guys, are you trading in orlando? i know they are here downtown on orange and i know couple of people that trade there, do you know of any openings there? jsut curious. thnx man

#29     Jan 30, 2002
  10. paul2k

paul2k

Small world my friend really small.

BTW Today e-mail me from poindirex about releasing new software platinum right now.

If it´s as good as seen on screen and as I saw in your WEBX cast , boy.....

Also told me people from poindirex that they do accept International customers.

CAn´t wait.

Thanks.

#30     Jan 31, 2002