Tradertim blog anyone read?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Um with those charts and lines he is trying to; yet failing cause there is no basis for being bearish. In a few months the nasdaq and dow and s&p will make 52 week highs

I don't understnad why all his charts are log. Log charts tend ot compress key features.

#11     Mar 20, 2007
  2. Tim has been bearish for quite a while, and he has gotten some great big bearish moves, but invariably he is going to be wrong now and then. This has nothing to do with Tim, it is a fact of trading. I have been bearish since January and had to go through a great deal of doubt for most of January and february carrying losses for a few weeks. Luckily some pullbacks along the way allowed me to exit at smaller losses or even profits in some instances. Then when late Feb drop came it was sweet! Ditto drop in March. But this bull market is just too strong with Fed and gubberment support, so us bears will go through more pain than fun. Actually I try to be neutral (what I call sheep) rather than bull or bear. I still do not see a reason to even go short-term bullish, so I keep missing some nice bounces like right now. But I have learned to stand aside and save my skin in such cases. I am waiting for a capitulation drop and then I will go long big time!! Tradertim's charts are great and I read his blog everyday. Sometimes I agree with him, other times I do not, just like with all traders. Many people do not agree with me either and they make good money fading me!! Maybe you should fade people you disagree with!! Just make money

http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#12     Mar 20, 2007
  3. Thing is Cramer has an agenda: His garbage offerings on Thestreet.com. He's trying to lure people into thinking he can give them an edge on picking stocks so they can outperform the SP500 with ease. He can't and people don't notice. Cramer's a liar and he's flip flopping his opinions every 3 days. He has no underlying strategy in his recommendations other than trying to upsell his garbage subscriptions.

Tim is selling nothing. His blog is free. He's not here to take your money (unless you sell puts to him). He simple has a stance on the market and sticks with it. I do not necessarily agree with it at all times, but he teaches about strict money management and discipline. He understands that being right about the market doesn't mean you can not fall victim to losing money. Last but not least, he has a sense of humor and can look at things from both side. I remember he at times posts bullish suggestions (SHLD comes to mind).

So leave the guy alone, you have no idea what you're talking about comparing Tim to the bald headed guy.

#13     Mar 20, 2007
  4. How your attitude changes when someone disagrees with you!!!!

#14     Mar 20, 2007
  5. Heres another vote for Tim's blog.

Sure hes wrong at times but usually he qualifies everything he suggests with a clear stop loss.

As others have said hes nothing like Cramer..that guy is 100% boob.

Stock_trad3r your comment that "in a few months we will be at new highs" is more ridiculous and arrogant than anything Ive ever seen Tim post.

#15     Mar 20, 2007
  6. If you read his latest entry today he is becoming increasingly frustrated and flustered as the market goes higher
    He didnt even include a video clip and he cut his post short.

Like watching a trainwreck in slow motion

#16     Mar 20, 2007
  7. It's been several quick days since the market bounced slightly off some pretty sharp drops.

What will you be in a couple days if the market drops?

'A trainwreck in slow motion' after making all your guarantees of 52 week highs within a couple of months?

I mean, I know you had to change your screen name from Eqt_trdr and all, but c'mon.

#17     Mar 20, 2007
  8. I'l always be here like it or not

Even when the nasdaq plunged 4% I posted the following day

It is just a forecast .Maybe it will come true; maybe not but since I don't have any calls I will not lose money should the market not make a new high. Tim, on the other hand, has puts so he doesn't have the luxury of waiting very long for his targets.

#18     Mar 20, 2007
  9. In case you didn't know, that's exactly the reason why some players like to buy puts over shorting common. They serve as a time limited speculation on the outcome of a perceived move with a strict stop loss (price of the put).

It's obvious Tim knows what he's doing, you however my friend I am not so sure about :p

#19     Mar 20, 2007