TradersStudio vs TradingBlox

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dealer, Mar 31, 2006.

1. chris319

chris319

Murray -

Here is a question about TradersStudio: Does it support fixed-interval trading, i.e. purchase a specified number of the highest/lowest ranked securities and hold for a specific period (one day, one week, one month, etc.), then rebalance the portfolio at the end of the specified period?

Thanks.

#41     Jun 10, 2006
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Using a Trade Plan you can easily code that logic. We have a demo, which ships with the product that allows you to rank all stocks in the portfolio by relative strength. In addition you can also from a trade plan signal a system to exit any positions you want on the next bar. We did this so you can rebalance a portfolio in a trend following system if open profits of one trade reach to high of a percentage of equity.

Yes in TradersStudio you can do almost anything you can dream of when it comes to trading system development, portfolio based trading and money management. In addition TradersStudio is a great tool for even beginning traders.

The product comes with many build in classic fully disclosed trading systems. Many vendors have developed versions of their systems for TradersStudio, including several of the top ranked systems in Futures Truth. Some of these systems offer features only available in TradersStudio.

The product has great charting, include not only simple charts like bar, and candlestick but also Point and Figure, Kagi, Renko and Three Line Break. It comes with many build in indicators as well as the ability to write your own indicators, alerts, and mark bars, color bars, trading advisors, which are like expert commentary in TradeStation. We have a set of drawing objects like, Trend lines, Gann Fans ect. We even have features like Darvas boxes which you can apply to charts.

This is a full-featured trading application easy enough to use for beginning traders interested in learning about systems or just traders interested in technical analysis, but powerful enough for the large hedge fund managers to have all the tools they would want.

#42     Jun 10, 2006
  3. taowave

taowave

Murray,
    I am running a modified William Oneil Canslim system and would like to import the stocks that meet my fundamental criteria.I noticed that you mentioned that you can rank by relative strength.

Is it then possible in Traders Studio to run various systems on the imported data and optomise across a given set of parameters for the portfolio???Can we also position size on the stocks that meet the ranking criteria??

Also,I wasnt aware that Traders Studio had the capability to chart
    Kagi, Renko and Three Line Break.Is there any chance that
    TradersStudio will be able to import fundamental data at some point in the future??

#43     Jun 11, 2006
  4. ==================
    Interesting Forum;
    actually figure one could make more money with tick charts/bid ask ladder on ES, assuming thats compatable with ones personality,Trader Rachel.

Prefer intraday on ES with longer than 1 minute candle chart;
    did dial it down to 1 minute candle chart occasionaly, to exit.

Prefer the support /resistance {and visuals}of candlecharts longer than 1 minute; but I remember i was not near the top of my typing class in speed

:cool:
    My CPA is somewhat of an unusual man;
    he prefers numbers much more than numbers on a highly
    [visual ] chart.

Murray TT

#44     Jun 12, 2006
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We have the cup and handle pattern coded in both an indicator and as a user function so you can use it in a trading system. You can of course optimize it on the basket , for example the whole SP500 or Russell 2000. We can screen out trades based on relative strength or even custom screening methods

We plan on supporting fundamental data soon. Any ideas on popular vendors for fundamental data and do they deal with the date issues so that the data stream can be used in trading.

#45     Jun 12, 2006
  6. ananda

ananda

Alleluha!

I never believed the day would come. Given the huge capabilities and advances in Trading Blox however, it is going to require some careful study to see whether the TR upgrade is worthwhile.

Anthony Garner
    Buhrle Asset Management

#46     Mar 2, 2007
  7. zmktwzrd

zmktwzrd

I dont understand, I posted that an upgrade to Trading Recipes was released today (Now called Mechanica). Seems highly relevant to the original posters question. (in fact I cant think of anything more relevant).

But, I dont see my original message, was it deleted? Ill make sure and leave the link out this time.

Dean Hoffman

#47     Mar 2, 2007
  8. ananda

ananda

Hi Dean
    No, I agree your post was highly relevant and I am grateful to you for pointing out the availability of the Windows version of TR.

I will upgrade: I suppose what I am saying is that details of how it works and what it does are fairly sparse on the mechanica website. I have found Trading Blox such an incredible tool over the past few years, I am wondering how the new Win TR will compare.

Sorry if I caused confusion - and your original post with the link seems to have disappeared.

regards
    AG

#48     Mar 2, 2007
  9. Dean, if you read the forum's rules you will see that unless you are a forum sponsor you are not allowed to promote products. For this reason, you won't seem me promoting my products here.

Those who are sponsors have good cause for complaint when vendors (of systems or tools) make posts promoting their products. It causes them to wonder why they are paying fees to the forum management for a privilege that others seem to share for free.

Your post was probably removed because it violated forum policy in this respect.

- Curtis

P.S. I too expected this product to come out years ago. I was worried about it for a while.

#49     Mar 2, 2007
  10. zmktwzrd

zmktwzrd

The guy asked about Trading Recipes because he didnt like the old one. I told him there is now a new one.

#50     Mar 2, 2007