TradersStudio Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Halstian

Halstian

Many thanks for the reply, TraderSystem. I'll have a look

#11     Aug 31, 2009
  2. Please be aware that Tradersstudio is not God's gift to the world. it is just a decent trading related product. What I mean by decent is that it does what it claims to do well (those things which matter) at a reasonable price.

Surprisingly complex strategy logic can be realise with Tradersstudio that can't be achieved by other products unless you invest significantly more cash without a tangible decrease in risk (does it work, is it useable).

I think tradersstudio has some use case related issues though they are minor compared to the benefits i alluded to above. Whether they matter to you depends on what you're trying to do. What d you need? This question is very open ended but bear in mind that there is no "retail" product out there that does everything well. So, what's more imortant is how well the important stuff gets done given your use case.

I had never seen a line of VB before seeing TSBasic. My coding experience had all been unix shell programming and I considered Vb an irrelevence. I was so ignorant that I didn't immediately realise that TSBasic was derived from VB (I realised throgh multi-faceted work/education). I've moved on alot from then so please be reassured you have more than enough knowledge to get going.

What you will need to learn is to envisage and encode possible solutions to real investment problems. That's harder...

Thx
    D

#12     Aug 31, 2009
  3. The voice of the man in the video demo is very annoying. Just a comment. :cool:

#13     Aug 31, 2009
  4. Dont know which video you refer to but I do hold "voice of guy on demo video" as a key criteria for acceptance / rejection of any product under evaluation. It's just way too important to ingore!

Thanks for the reminder. You're clearly a forward thinker. :cool:

Thx
    D

#14     Aug 31, 2009
  5. Buddha_E

Buddha_E

Hi CPTrader!

Been awhile since we last talk. Hows' things? I am the trader we met in Singapore.

Buddha_E

#15     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Halstian

Halstian

Thanks for the response Fundjunkie. Useful info.
    I'm going to start evaluating TradersStudio today. Has anyone any recommendations on low cost data feeds for the product? I looked at CSI and the outlay is large for something I may not want in the future if I return TradersStudio. Some lower cost data (even if it is not as reliable as CSI) would useful.

Suggestions would be welcome

Thanks
    I

#16     Sep 1, 2009
  7. Hi,
    I think the product comes with some sample data. If what you want isn't in there then you could try pinging them to see if they might send you some data of the type you need.

Whatever you do, you're going to need decent data so buying into a good source is mandatory. I would argue that CSI is marginally better than Pinnacle (the two main choices) even though I'm actually subscribed to Pinnacle.

Also, remember that both sources are defacto standards for eod analysis. So, if you did shell out for one of them and then reject Tradersstudio you could still use that data with pretty much any product out there. That fact alone makes your concerns a non-issue.

Finally, given what I now know, I'd suggest going down the CSI route. What data do you require? Stocks or Futures? I'm considering a second subscription to CSI too either with CSI directly or via Tradersstudio, who seem to have a good CSI package available. I don't know if there are better offers out there...

Thx
    D

#17     Sep 1, 2009
  8. #18     Sep 4, 2009
  9. #19     Sep 11, 2009
  10. TraderSystem , thanks a lot for the link. :)

#20     Sep 15, 2009