TradersStudio Special Rebate Offer

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Gyles

Gyles

Thank you so much Mr. Murray, for your kind offer. We shall definitely make the best use of this. This is yet another ample proof of your commitment to your old and new customers.

#21     Mar 20, 2008
  2. and there is STILL no real-time version. One million dollars in development ?
    Hard to believe....something is wrong here.

#22     Mar 24, 2008
  3. I am not sure as to how much they have spent, but I will tell you one thing, that they have been very responsive to my questions for new features. Right now, I am beta testing the new version and on each build they have added new features and improvements.

If you e-mail them about things which need to be added and they think it is a good idea or if many people asked about it. It happens, meaning they do it.

I had problems with some new TradeStation 8.3 translations and they fixed them in the beta. They did spent many weeks of work to resolve these issues. I got these issues fixed in about a month.

I do not know any other company which supports customers like this; try asking Microsoft or TradeStation to fix issues this fast.

So, I do not think your post is justified.

#23     Mar 25, 2008

4. Only Mr. Ruggiero knows how much money he has spent. However that is not the issue. Also note that developing a true real-time software is a very complex endeavor. Even an EOD platform is very complex. Some vendors may do things in a very ad hoc (and incorrect manner) – but my experience with TradersStudio is that they are very very careful and diligent in their software releases. Mr. Ruggiero will NOT release a real-time version until it have been substantially tested and certified internally. If you truly understand the various salient and latent factors in system development, you will understand that this is a time-consuming process – if done correctly.

There are two key issues here:

1. Is the product competitive in the back-testing/trade strategy development landscape?

2. Is the product well supported?

Unequivocally after seven months of DAILY usage for live trading and R & D, the answer is YES to both questions.

I'm an active trader and have been researching and developing systems for over 12 years. I can confirm that from my experience the product is solid - the designers clearly are traders and have incorporated in the software many powerful features. The programming language is extremely flexible and simple. This is a powerful advantage for the non-programmer trader.

Yes, there are many features I wish the software had (Native Bracket Orders for example) , and many things I wish it did easier or better. However, my current beta version is substantially improved from the initial version I purchased in August 2007. Many of my suggestions, features and bug fixes have been included...and yes a few of my suggestions were rejected and some have been placed on hold for future releases.

So on balance it's a fine product….and I have found Mr. Ruggiero most cooperative, responsive and indeed I have learnt a lot from him just by using the software. He is truly passionate about his product and the markets…and he really understand systems trading - - many vendors do not.

The best thing about Traders Studio is that it is a product designed and conceived by an authority in systems development - so in essence you have the benefit of Mr. Ruggiero’s decades of real trading experience. This is an extremely positive benefit. For example, I have made suggestions and had discussions with the support team that revealed to me some pitfalls in my thinking. If the support team were just staffed by software geeks this would not be the case.

I can also confirm that because the software was designed by traders - the back-tested results in Traders studio are extremely realistic. Don’t expect to code some HolyGrail system (with flawed underlying logic) in TradersStudio..that of course can’t be said for competing products.

With regards to support, they have always responded promptly - even at odd hours to my requests and inquiries. They have added features at my request , and fixed bugs I discovered.

My only and my major complaint is that bug fixes and new features take too much time. This can slow down substantially the R & D process and I don't like it as time is money. I have made this complaint to Mr. Ruggiero. I do understand, however, that software development is complicated and delicate so at times a simple feature addition or bug fix is not as simple as it seems. Additionally, Mr. Ruggiero typically wants to group several features additions and bug fixes in one beta release so there may be a wait time to create all the new features/bug fixes. I think bug fixes and new additions should be done very frequently on an intermediate basis as opposed to rolling them up in large batches. So this is a philosophical difference, but Mr. Ruggiero does provide frequent updates during the wait process, - so again there is always frank communication. Nonetheless, I still think they can and should be much faster in making these fixes, additions and changes.

Finally, I do think that there is NOT yet a product on the market yet – and I have looked at most if not all of them except Mechanica (and Mechanica is an EOD platform) that can do EVERYTHING an experienced system trader would want...they have their various weaknesses and strengths…but I do think that TradersStudio has the greatest potential to reach that level and I am encouraged that Mr. Ruggiero is working aggressively to reach that target.

In summary, TradersStudio is a very fine product and the developers and support team are the best I've seen.

#24     Mar 25, 2008
  5. Thank you for your comments CPTrader, It's very helpful. I am looking for a end of day trading platform and have not made my mind up. What other products did you try before TradersStudio

#25     Mar 27, 2008
  6. Mr. Murray my answer is still pending, how long more do I have to wait?

#26     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Sorry about that. We did discount all the packages with system included also right after you posted. I did not realize that I did not tell you that.

Here is the special offer summary
    http://www.tradersstudio.com/SpecialOffers/tabid/170/Default.aspx

#27     Apr 21, 2008
  8. Thanks for the offer, Mr. Murray. I shall check it out. :)

#28     Apr 24, 2008
  9. Thanks Murray, I have finally purchased TradersStudio & the above offer.

#29     Jun 7, 2008
  10. JaiSreeram, so you have bought TradersStudio. What made you purchase it & why?

#30     Jun 10, 2008