TradersStudio Professional Released

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I've had this product for a while now and it's still surprising me...

Also, what I think you're referring to here is the ability to define your own rolling criteria? And also, to be able to calculate entries based on first contract, which may not have enough history yet for signal creation, but place the order on the next contract right?

This is quite a powerful capability because it gives the end user flexibility and control. That's an often over-used term. But in this case it's true.

Thx
    D

#21     Apr 13, 2011
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Correct, we can use multiple data streams to handle this historical data problem on rollover.

#22     Apr 13, 2011
  3. Hi,
    Am I right in thinking that this code needs to be run from a tradeplan? And a session will need to be set up for earch contract instance?

If so, shouldn't the "ok to trade" logic sit at the tradeplan level?

Thx
    D

#23     Apr 13, 2011
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

If you set the session up right it can get run from a session.

We could also designed tradeplan logic for this also.

#24     Apr 13, 2011
  5. BTW, are the "From Dates" and "Too Dates" taken from Pinnacle or elsewhere?

How did you derive those numbers?

Thx
    D

#25     Apr 13, 2011
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes using pinnacle rolls

#26     Apr 13, 2011
  7. Hi,
    I've set this up and the logic works well. But there is a flaw with the implementation.

At the end of each contract all positions are exited. These would need to be reinstated against the next contract. That is, the positions will need to be rolled over. And, it would need to be exit at the open and reenter at the same open of the new contract.

Do you agree? Is this an issue?

Thx
    D

#27     Apr 14, 2011
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes, you are correct but I was trying to keep it simple. You would need to set these like you do intermarkets so you can access multiple contracts as independent1,independent2 ect.

#28     Apr 18, 2011
  9. RobertG

RobertG

Does your product have an API access to stream live data?
    From what I saw CSI is end of day data only.

RG

#29     Apr 19, 2011
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

It's a offline , product. You can backtest down to 1 min bars, but it's meant to trade systems based on end of day data.

#30     Apr 19, 2011