TradersStudio Multicore PreReleased

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Gyles

Gyles

That’s a really interesting article and I had no idea that a Xeon would be poor for trading performance. I would have figured that the server class of processors would be the best for computation.

#21     May 13, 2014
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Another factor is that AMD chips are slower for their scale. A 16 core AMD chip runs like 10-11 virtual cores on Intel based chips because they don't have hyperthreading. Hypertheading gives about 1/2 of the performance for the virtual cores. so a quad core Intel chips runs at least as fast as a 6 core AMD for a well designed applications. This is without the fact that Intel chips can be overclocked. This almost forces almost 2-1 core ratio to get the same performance.

#22     May 13, 2014
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

#23     May 22, 2014
  4. Gyles

Gyles

That's very interesting. I thought AMD chips could be overclocked though as well? However, even if you could overclock them they still couldn'€™t match Intel'€™s performance with hyperthreading I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    #24     May 22, 2014
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Take a look at this

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/overclocked_cpus.html

You can see the top i7 is half the price of the fastest Xeon and only 20% slower. Also there are i7 which are 75% of the speed of the fastest Xeon and only 25% of the price.
    You can see that even the 8 core AMD is 25% slower than the upper end i7 chips.

#25     May 27, 2014
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

#26     Jun 3, 2014
  7. Gyles

Gyles

Interesting breakdown of the CPU numbers. Hadn'€™t really looked at that before. I'€™ll keep that in mind if I purchase a new system. It'€™s tempting to go AMD for price, but maybe it'€™s worth going Intel.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    #27     Jun 4, 2014
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I am currently working on a equity system and need to optimize it on 100's of stocks. Have a low end quad core , only six months old, got it at Wal-Mart on black Friday for Windows 8 testing and my six core I7, which was purchased in 2011. Believe it or not the six core high end machine which is 3 years old is 6X faster than the low end quad core using TradersStudio Multicore.
    Many customers have asked about quad core computers and I tried to explain to them not all computers are a like. For example the difference in benchmark multicore performance between the quad core AMD and Intel chips I saw in a published benchmark is 2.8X.

#28     Jun 23, 2014
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

The product is just about ready,just address a few issues and updating the data that ships with it. We are also completely redesigning our web site. I plan to have a big roll out for Labor day weekend.

#29     Aug 18, 2014
  10. I cant see any trial version on your website. Do you think people gonna buy a pig in a poke?

#30     Aug 18, 2014