TradersStudio and Turtle System Package

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

First of all Michael Covel is not a real turtle. He has no association with the original Turtles and yes neither do I. Also I am selling a version of the system which adapts the channel lengths dynamically, SuperTurtle(tm) outperforms the classic Turtle systems by a large margin and is in Futures Truth top ten list. This is included in my package with the original Turtle system. In addition the package comes with a 30 year bond system and a S&P500 market timer. All this for $399.00 or $799.00 with TradersStudio. You get all 4 systems and not just the orginal Turtle one.

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Produc...ID/5/psnavcmd/CatalogItemDetails/Default.aspx

#11     Jan 7, 2007
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradeBolt going out of business has cause a delay of several months. I will have a better idea of how much of a delay in a few weeks.

#12     Jan 7, 2007
  3. rickty

rickty

Murray,

It's just my opinion but, just like I'm not interested in renting (as opposed to buying) software, I also have no interest in using execution software which charges per transaction on top of the broker's commission.

FWIW.

#13     Jan 7, 2007
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

A point well taken, but the problem is maintaining many brokers, API and data feeds is expensive because as they change their API you need to change your software. I was using TradeBolt to avoid this issue. If you want to have freedom to use any broker you want, someone needs to pay for keeping the software up to date and dealing with issues as they are found.
    My goal was to support as many brokers as possible and this was my best solution at the time.

#14     Jan 7, 2007
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Here are up to date results of SuperTurtle on a basket of 21 markets.

You can see with $100.00 slippage and commissions in made 86K last year which was all since release about 50% on 5 times margin on this large basket. It is also up in 2007. I ran it though yesterday.
    On the basket which Futures Truth uses for trend following this system is up 148% on 3 times margin as published in Issue 6,2006, which is the current issue.

This is part of my bonus pack , which is available with TradersStudio for $799.00!.

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Produc...ID/5/psnavcmd/CatalogItemDetails/Default.aspx

#15     Jan 25, 2007
  6. Do you have a version of the Turtle System with the full scaling rules? I have been doing some homework on it and have been wondering if I could find more out about it.

#16     Jan 26, 2007
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We do have a version of the Turtle system which has all the scaling rules for TradersStudio. We have had it working since last October but have not released it yet. We plan on adding it into the Turtle System pack. We will make it available to people who already purchased the system pack at a small charge , somewhere under $100.00. I really need to charge something for it , not to get rich but to handle technical support and writing documentation.
    When we decide exactly what we are doing , I will update you on it.

#17     Jan 28, 2007
  8. I think I will try your package if you sell it to me with the scaling Turtle system for no more than an extra $50.00

#18     Jan 31, 2007
  9. hi murray

are you trading this system yourself ?

what other systems besides "turtle"

have you backtested over the years using

traders studio ?

#19     Jan 31, 2007
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I am not currently trading it myself because I have a version of Trend Harmony I like better, which I have supplied to consulting clients. The workbook I uploaded is for Super Turtle, this is based on my adaptive channel breakout methodology I originally developed in the mid 1990's, so the core system has withstood the test of time. Because of how well it has performed I have though about increasing the price , since many systems selling for $1500.00 or more have not done as well.

#20     Jan 31, 2007