TradersStudio 2.5 Update

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Currently besides adding .NET support we have supported C++ and VB 6.0 for witting Active X DLL's. These run 8-10 times faster in the case of C++, about 6-8 times faster for .NET.

In terms of pre-compiled we are working on a TradersStudio Basic to .NET translator, which will convert code into Addins so they can run at the 6-8 times faster.

Another issue we addressed was the Genetic optimizer. This is really a great improvement. It will find a near idea solution in 1/10th to 1/20th the trials of brute force. I have developed a basket trading systems which required about 30,000 trials. I used the GA and got a near optimal solution in only about 1800 trials and 30 minutes.

#21     Jul 15, 2007
  2. thimel

thimel

Can tradersStudio call code written in VB .NET or is it limitted to VB 6.0? If it cannot presently do it, is it planned?

#22     Jul 19, 2007
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Currently we have a document for writing .NET addins which is part of the beta for the .NET addin kit. We are also working on a Addin which will translate TradersStudio basic to VB.NET and create a TradersStudio addin for you.

These addins can be called from Systems, Indicators ,Macros,TradePlans ect, so for example

Sub MySystem(X,Y,Z)
    MySystemWrittenInVBNET(X,Y,Z)
    End Sub

#23     Jul 19, 2007
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I have had some PM's about what functions are included in the TradersStudio language. Believe me it is a full language for traders as powerful as any other platform regardless of price. Here is a link to the language reference help file.

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Documents/tabid/162/Default.aspx

If you want to be able to download it you need to be registered on our web site which is free. If you are already registered please just login in and you will be able to download this help file.
    Please log in first in a different browser window and then click on the link above.

You can also click on the documents menu of our web site after logging in.

#24     Jul 19, 2007
  5. Hi Murray,

Any chance of adding 4 hour bars? They are very useful for FOREX. Even better would be user defined timeframes e.g 3M, 12M, 5H, 2D etc. And not forgetting constant tick, constant volume bars :).

Regards.

#25     Jul 20, 2007