TradersStudio 2.5 Update

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Jun 24, 2007.

1. SProbability great job. You just made one of the smartest choices in trading. I have been using Traders Studio for a while now and it has been helping my backtesting and trading tremendously. I really like the levels and the extensive programmability. Let me know how you are making out with it. I had to go through most of the other platforms before find this gem.

#11     Jul 9, 2007
  2. I agree. I think you will be very pleased with the TradersStudio platform. I have been working with TS for about 8 months now. Even though my programming skills are somewhat limited, I have been able to work with it. Since V2.5 has come out, things have picked up nicely. I am looking forward to TS Real Time.

Good luck

#12     Jul 11, 2007
  3. Yeah I can't wait till the real time trading and auto trading. I think it is going to be a big selling point

#13     Jul 11, 2007
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We plan to support IB and the J-Trader interface to start. We also plan to support Gain for Forex. In addition we will support ESignal as a data vendor.

PS, we are adding a StopOpen order type which will allow you to place orders at the open + offset using end of day data.

#14     Jul 12, 2007
  5. Murray,
    Will Trade Studio allow you to get strategies autotraded on remote servers, so you can avoid problems with internet connection, power outage, and personal computer problems?

#15     Jul 15, 2007
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradersStudio is currently a offline product, it can do intra-day backtesting. The real time version is under development.

#16     Jul 15, 2007
  7. Murray,
    Are there any vendors that provide remote server-based autotrading of personal systems (not interested in third party systems)? Any options other than Strategy Runner?

Any general advice/comments on remote server autotrading?

#17     Jul 15, 2007
  8. Hey

I have been looking around and I have not found anyother

#18     Jul 15, 2007
  9. squeeze

squeeze

I have had a play with this software and like it as a simple backtester.

My only gripe is that it is very slow, especially testing on lower resolution e.g 5-min bars. It is much slower that Tradestation.

I guess this is down to the interpreted language. Any chance of pre-compling to speed things up?

Having read through the other posts I agree that support for writing systems in a standard .net language would be welcome. Ultimately, to write a system in anything requires some programming skills. A lot of people already use the .net languages and it saves having to learn a new set of syntax if it supports .net.

#19     Jul 15, 2007
  10. My TS arrived on Friday. Thanks Murray for the very prompt service. The ball is now in my court.

Thanks for the encouraging words, bradypreston & agtrader777.

I would also be interested in knowing about server based platforms for autotrading. SR make it very difficult to use their service i.e they have to do the coding for you, even if you have programming skills, and charge way over the odds for the server based platform. I get the impression they are not very interested in the retail market.

squeeze are you using the genetic optimizer? If you are then that is quite worrying!

#20     Jul 15, 2007