TradersStudio 2.0 is Released

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, May 28, 2006.

1. murry, here is one situatuion i would like you to consider talking about here or addressing in a video.
    ive read several comments about this subject on this trerad
    i have a system that takes two trades a day. when it received its first signal it can either go short or long. after entry it will then take a profit exit or if stopped out will reverse and then again create a profit target or stop loss. is it possible to have the report tell me not only profit by long or short but by ist trade of the day vs the second trade of the day. i trade the er2 on a intra day basis and do not hold overnight.
    vivian

#51     Jul 26, 2006
  2. also i forgot, how about telling the system to ignor the first trade of the day but enter the second trade of the as if we took the first trade of the day (but really didin't)
    vivian

#52     Jul 26, 2006
  3. this looks like an interesting innovative product. i would definitely demo it. just want to cast a vote for a demo option here

it almost seems like outsourcing the feed really allows you to concentrate on functionality. increasingly i'm thinking of seperating out feed and platform to get the best value and flexibility in both

#53     Jul 26, 2006
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We have two different channel so to speak of in backtesting the first one gets reported in the standard reports. The second is a virtual channel which you can access the statistics from your code for and use that to make your decisions. You can see if the first trade of the day was made in this channel by having it take all trades and then use that as a filter to the standard set of buy/ sell rules.

#54     Aug 3, 2006
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I agree, this is why we will support many different feeds including many broker feeds in our real time version due out later this year.

#55     Aug 3, 2006
  6. i have my reservations as my first reaction. i just bought traderstudio. i took my easiest easy language code to enter the market at a buy and the migration tool wouldn't even complete the trick. am i going to have to take VB. im not a programmer i just learned easy language. easy language is alot easier than your programming language. i dont want to go through a tremendous learning curve again. Im going on a week vacation and will give it a serious attempt to get my 10 systems to work. You make a lot of serious statements of how easy it is to do things in your language but your a seasoned professional. Im a hack you little by little taought myself easy language. be honest with us. is this going to be as easy to migrate from TS8 as you say for hacks like me. my first attempt failed. bbut to give you very serious consideration, ill keep trying for the 30 days.
    no insults intended on my part. just my honest thoughts.
    pat

#56     Aug 3, 2006
  7. Compatibility with EasyLanguage was one of the key reasons I was interested. I hope your experience is an aberration.

I'm looking forward to the demo of RT (and hope it supports DTN)!

#57     Aug 3, 2006
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

The EasyLanguage tool is used to migrate code from TradeStation to TradersStudio basic. I would say that between ourselves and our users , tens of thousands of systems and functions have been tested and translated. If you are translating end of day based systems or user function which do not specify intra-day timeframe functions ,I would say about 95% of the time the conversion is automatic. Since our product is offline we do not currently support the automated trading syntax of TradeStation 8.1.

#58     Aug 3, 2006
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Answer for progers82

Have you contacted Tech Support. They are very helpful and have helped other customers get started migrating their systems and functions.

You can get support three ways

1) Live Chat
    2) The help desk on the site
    3) E-Mail support@tradersstudio.com

#59     Aug 3, 2006
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Here is a copy of the announcement from the front page of the TradersStudio site.

<B>There will be a price increase when TradersStudio version 2.5 is released, which will be $100 for a new price of $599. In addition for existing customers this is the last free upgrade.

Order now to avoid the new price increase, and receive TradersStudio version 2.5 upgrade for free, as soon as it is released.<B/>

This version has many new features which I will be discussing over the next few weeks. These features include:
    1) Real forex support , including using the interest rate spread
    to adjust daily equity.
    2) New and improved stock analysis including dividend support

3) We now added optimization at the money management level so you can now optimize your results using measures like MAR and Sharpe ratio across multiple systems using the same account.

#60     Sep 7, 2006