TradersStudio 2.0 is Released

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, May 28, 2006.

1. here is my question. at the present i have 10 systems, all with their own parameters and i input the results into rina and then get my portfolio report from rina.
    i then key in on what the return on highest drawdown for the entire portfolio.

sometimes i will take 6 or 7 of those systems and create a portfolio report and see what the result of return on hh dd.

if i buy traderstudio i would want to do the follow:

1)ave each system go back 600 days of data and give me all the pertinent information after I have optimized each system individually.

2)give me a consolidate report of the 10 systems with return on hh dd being my benchmark

my very important question?
    if traderstudio has all my 10 systems would i be able to get traderstudio to tell me what combination of the 10 systems would give me the best return on hh dd.

#41     Jul 21, 2006
  2. Hello Murray, I'm wondering if you offer any type of product training such as webex screensharing etc?

#42     Jul 21, 2006
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Please clarify , what do you mean go back 600 days ?. Are you talking trading days or calendar. You don't want all the statistics only the last 600 days after the optimize period ?.

I am assuming from the rest of your question you can write code in EasyLanguage.

After you clarify this part of what you want to do , then I will give you a detailed answer on your original question.

#43     Jul 22, 2006
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We plan on starting these services later this year, most likely this fall. We are currently beginning work on course materials for these services.

#44     Jul 22, 2006
  5. ON tradestation i use 600 days back from today and optimize that. i assume that is trading days. i do write in easy language.
    so after i optimize i look at the results especially the return on highest drawdown. when i consolidate all 10 systems into rina i get the combined report and again one of the main things i look at is return on highest DD.

i hope that clarifies. i want trader studio to help me determine if it would be better off to not trade 1 or 2 of my systems instead of all 10.

pat

#45     Jul 22, 2006
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

You can optimize your 10 systems and then combine them in a trading plan and see how they perform. If you want to use a few mouse clicks you could try different combinations and rerun them and save the results.
    TradersStudio allow you to optimize at the system level both for a single market as well as a portfolio, with just a few mouse clicks. We currently do not have this for Trade Plans , but it can be done by writing a little code. One of the most powerful features of TradersStudio is the global macro language which let's you automate anything which can be done from a menu and dialog boxes as well as access any statistical information generated. You would write a simple loop , which add and removes different systems as well as changing the weighting and how you filter trades. This would require less than a page of a page of code to write this custom optimization for your application. Using the global macros you could output your reports to Excel directly using TradersStudio Excel link and get exacting what you are asking for.

We do plan on adding a Trade Plan optimizer in a future version of the product. We are beginning to look for the feedback from our users to see what they would want in this feature and how many would currently use it if they had it.

#46     Jul 22, 2006
  7. BENG

BENG

Trade Plan optimizer, do you mean I can then optimize the portfolio with different money management methods?

Or do you mean I can optimize the money management method by stepping through the parameters?

Of course, if both strategies and money management methods can be optimized at the same time and give output in the same report, that would be great.

Please include more examples for custom reports and global macro language in the summer release.

Thanks.

#47     Jul 23, 2006
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

You will be able to optimize the money management method by stepping though parameters. This means that you could write code to allow you to filter out different systems and markets while optimizing money management. We don't plan on allowing both to be optimized at the same time for 2006. This will have to wait until 3.0, because real time is a top priority. We will be adding more examples for our new release this summer.

#48     Jul 23, 2006
  9. Thanks Murray. Something like this would make me feel better about investing time and money (mostly time though) in the product. Some real world usage scenarios for backtesting and live real time strategy simulation would be very nice.

#49     Jul 24, 2006
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I plan on adding videos for TradersStudio on our site in the next few weeks. I will also be adding some case studies. Can you give me some input on what type of questions you have after you reviewed my site so I can do my best answering them.

#50     Jul 26, 2006