TradersStudio 2.0 is Released

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, May 28, 2006.

1. dealer

dealer

Having just hit the button on the order there was another question I should have asked. Does the license permit installation on desktop+laptop for the same user but with only one instance of the software being used at any one time?

thanks again.

#31     Jun 6, 2006
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

If it is in a ASC file , it will take less than 5 minutes. , once you have done it a few times it will take less than 1 minute. This time will be the same if you have one symbol or 4000.

We don't support external data yet though a OLE call, but plan on adding this in the real time version.

#32     Jun 6, 2006
  3. taowave

taowave

The ability to create custom indicies and track/graph, backtest and optomise is essential.For equity baskets the inclusion of volume and breadth statistics must be included as well.One should also have the capability to historically correlate the custom index to other indicies/equities.

As a relative value/long -short trader these are tools i can not be without.It would be nice for reporting purposes to be able to generate alpha and beta stats.I would think that the intermarket tool would work well with this sort of analysis.

I would think that having the capability to create weighted indicies would be sufficient.Many programs only permit you to have an equal dollar weighting,which really isnt enough.A nice feature would be the capability to (simply) assign weights by some sort of volatilty measure(vol,ATR) or any other user designed formula.

I do have some other thoughts,which i will foward

#33     Jun 6, 2006
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I have been thinking about the custom index building feature and will most likely will do it as an addin. I would like feedback on what features would be valuable in this tool.

We can already filter trades based on relative strenght or volatility measures as well as any custom measure you can formulate using a trade plan script.

#34     Jun 7, 2006
  5. taowave

taowave

Since you can filter trades based on volatitlity measures I assume you could position size on them as well.This should apply directly at the index level...

#35     Jun 8, 2006
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes, you can filter them and size them. TradersStudio money management has the same type of features you would expect in a product like Mechanica , which cost $25,000. In addition we have many features they do not like Intra-day back testing and the fact that we plan on releasing a real time version later this year.

#36     Jun 8, 2006
  7. one more question. when the live version comes out, how easy is it going to be to automate the signals so that they go right into my brokers platform/api. is that in the cards at the present time.

#37     Jun 11, 2006
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Which brokers are you using ?. We support many of them. Our current plans are to simply change last parameter of Buy,Sell ,Exitlong ,Exitshort functions and change it to LiveDay,GTCDay, versus just Day or GTC.

#38     Jun 11, 2006
  9. Hi Murray,

1) Besides commodities, Bonds, does TraderStudio work well with stocks? I don't see any of your systems tested on stocks.

2) Have you tested Super Turtle or any of your systems with stocks?

3) For TradersStudio EOD, does it automatically generate precise entry and exit signals after updating data at night?

Please advise. Thanks.

#39     Jul 20, 2006
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradersStudio has many special features for equity traders. You can test your system using split adjusted data just like the other platforms or use our TradersStudio stock support, which allow you to combine , adjust and unadjusted data to get a accurate backtest including correct returns in dollars, actual entry prices as well as being about to see where splits occurred. In our next build which will be a free upgrade to registered owners you will also be able to use dividend data and see how dividends effected returns. We even have a report which give you a table of all splits and dividends.

In addition we have special functions for developing trading plans for stocks. This includes features for money management as well as screening. We even support concepts like Core Equity and more. This is a great equity product. In addition because of the portfolio level optimization you can develop a system and optimize it on all the stocks in the S&P500 for example.

Trend following methods like Turtle do not work well on stocks but the product comes with a Nasdaq stock trading system.

The product does generate order for tomorrow, it is a complete end of day trading platform and a real time product will be ready later this year.

#40     Jul 20, 2006