TradersStudio 2.0 is Released

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, May 28, 2006.

1. olero

olero

I posted the questions in the live chat and checked the ASAP.
    Mybe I have a problem with my machine.
    Thanks

#21     Jun 2, 2006
  2. everyone is giving a free trial to get their feet. i dont see any mention of a free trail for your product.
    when you are buying historical data, what in your opinion is the best data. ascii, or the other two you mention on your web site.

#22     Jun 3, 2006
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We currently do not have a demo, since we just released version 2.0 a week or so ago. We do offer a 30 day return policy as long as you have not activated the software with the unlock code. I am sure if you try TradersStudio you will be more than happy with it.

In terms of data, we are currently looking into other data vendors beside these two. We are also adding Tick Data Inc special offers for intra-day data, in the next week or so.

If you have any ideas of reliable data vendors , I am looking for feedback from ET members.

In terms of stock vendors they need to be able to export both Adjust and Unadjusted data for a portfolio to ASC data and be able to automatically update it.

#23     Jun 4, 2006
  4. dealer

dealer

Murray (or current users of 2.0)

1) Can tradestation code be typed into Traders Studio or does it have to be imported in order for it to be translated?

2) Can the platform handle intermarket analysis as it stands or does it require the add-in?

3) Is there an improvement on the speed vs earlier versions when running simulations?

Thanks.

#24     Jun 6, 2006
  5. taowave

taowave

Can someone please tell me a bit about "intermarket" analysis offered by TradersStudio and what it entails???

Murray,are you planning on having the capapbilty to create a custom equity index in tradersstudio that one can chart and backtest?

#25     Jun 6, 2006
  6. chs245

chs245

I have not found any info on your website explaining how the historical intraday data is handled. Which vendors are supported ? How is the data stored ? Can you please give us more details on that ?

Regards,

OLiver

#26     Jun 6, 2006
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

You can type TradeStation code in but , the translator really only handles valid TradeStation code. If your TradeStation code is wrong it will be translated wrong. We don't have strong syntax checking on the EasyLanguage side. What most people do is to copy and paste the code from the EasyLanguage editor. We handle text in the form of EasyLanguage.

Intermarket support is very important to me so TradersStudio has best intermarket support of any existing product as is. I am selling my intermarket tools because they allow people to develop trading systems using intermarket analysis without any programming. I also had these tools for TradeStation since 1995 and many people used them so I migrated them over.

In terms of speed version 2.0 is 200% to 300% faster than 1.3.6

#27     Jun 6, 2006
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradersStudio handles intra-day data in CSV format. We are going to have special offers on Tick Data Inc data which we will list on the site shortly. Here is a piece of a sample file for the QQQ. I have loaded as many as 400,000 1 min bars in TradersStudio!.

#28     Jun 6, 2006
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

In terms of creating custom indexes, we have plans for such a addin. We are looking for input on exactly what real traders want to see in a product like this. You can private IM me with your ideas or post them here.

In terms of intermarket analysis , I answered it in another post. If you have any more questions please ask.

#29     Jun 6, 2006
  10. chs245

chs245

I backtest my systems currently using mySQL and Excel.
    How long would it take TS to import 200 days worth of 1min bar data for one symbol?
    Is there a possibility to import the data into TS from an SQL database rather than from a flat file ?

Oliver

#30     Jun 6, 2006