TradersExpo Las Vegas... Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StockyIrishman, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Anyone ever been to one of these expos? Are they worth the time and effort?

Can I get the same info from reading some good investing books?

Thanks.

2. The expos are good for general info. I went to one in NY in 2005. It was good for getting your feet wet and just getting a taste of different stuff out there.

Keep in mind however it is basically a big sales convention for vendors. Even during the 'general' presentations, these are put on by vendors (usually) who at the end make a product pitch.

So, good for general stuff and meeting other traders, not so good if you are looking for exact trading methods and such. There were some courses you could pay for that I heard were much more in depth, but for my first one, I did not pay for any additional classes while there.

3. lescor

lescor

Lots of snakeoil. I'm going to Vegas but more to just meet and hang out with a bunch of traders I've met online. I doubt I'll take in any of the presentations or seminars.

4. Will you and fellow traders be staying at the Mandalay Bay? I would like to get advice for setting up my daytrading busyiness/income.

How many traders such as yourself go just to hangout? Do you stay for the whole length of the expo?

5. I go primarily to meet my friends but also to visit the show floor for entertainment and good ideas.