traderscapital.net

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Homer, Jun 7, 2009.

1. if they "were" working in the sears tower as someone said, it is the willis tower now. however, i doubt a company as shitty as this would even rent there.......if there are.....please notify me

#21     Aug 27, 2009
  2. The guy whose number is listed is named Elie Mellul.... I would suggest doing some research and looking him up on the www.finra.org website

#22     Aug 27, 2009
  3. Yes, they do have an office in the Willis Tower...however, any one have further info on this firm?

They require a "deposit".

#23     Oct 9, 2009
  4. They promote and market traders for other people to invest in..... They require a retainer of a few grand while they are doing this.

One of the principles of the company was banned by the nasdaq from ever trading again for defrauding customers and had to pay a six figure fine..... Elie Mellul - look it up on finra's or nasd's website.

The other principle was terminated for cause from his last job at some kind of biotech fund who's number is now disconnected..... also available with a simple search online.

I don't know these people personally but judging by this info that was passed on to me I'd do my due dilligence before coughing up any money.

#24     Oct 9, 2009
  5. Anyone who as actually dealt with these guys can you please PM me with our thoughts or what deal you stuck with them?

Current traders with them, I would love to hear what you have to say

Greatly appreciated.

#25     Oct 14, 2009
  6. #26     Oct 28, 2009
  7. Yeah, seems pretty shady, that's why I opted not to sign up.

I think the floor in Willis Tower is probably leased with other businesses.

I personally do not think it is a scam, but don't have a good feeling about it.

Eli does trade and has made a bunch o cash in the past with his mortgage co.

Just educate yourself, trade sim, and save up 15k -25k and trade after 1yr of sim - for your self

My 2CENTS

#27     Oct 28, 2009
  8. I was contacted by Trader Capital a while back...... They told me that they wanted 2,000 dollars as a retainer in order to "market" me as a trader. I spoke to Elie and he told me that with the 2k they would put together a book on me and raise capital from outside investors. Apparently that's what the 2k was for, marketing purposes. He then told me that they take an equal percent as me in return for the capital raise. He told me his partner Thomas was a lawyer and a doctor which I found odd considering that he was now involved in trading with a PHD and a Law Degree.

After hearing all of this nonsense i did a background check on them. Their website inspired me to look deeper into this b/c it looked like my 5 yr old kid made it. This is what I found.......

Go to the FINRA or NASD website and type in Elie Mellul and this is what comes up

Elie Mellul (CRD #2126020, Registered Principal, Great Neck, New York) submitted a Letter of Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent pursuant to which he was censured, fined $50,000, barred from association with any NASD member in any capacity, and ordered to pay $39,192 in restitution to public customers. Without admitting or denying the allegations, Mellul consented to the described sanctions and to the entry of findings that he effected transactions in the accounts of public customers without their knowledge, consent, or authorization. The findings also stated that Mellul refused to cooperate with the NASD's request for information and/or documentation. (NASD Case #C10990143)

I also found info on his partner thomas j latino who was last terminated for cause from some bio-tech fund that no longer has an address or phone number.

I don't know what they're doing now but in the past one owner was fired and the other was banned from trading for ripping off his customer accounts....... I don't know if this firm is legit but I do know that Elie Mellul stole in the past and would not want to invest money with someone like that especially one that asks for a marketing retainer.

#28     Oct 29, 2009
  9. allin09

allin09

I tend to be a person who leaps before they look, i did that gave them money, the traded, got chopped up a little, they cut me off, took the rest of MY money and now don't return phone calls, I would continue to look for another option in trading relm.

#29     Nov 12, 2009
  10. Yeah, to anyone reading this forum - STAY AWAY from this firm!

I'm sure Elie has a closet full of Ed Hardy shirts also.

#30     Nov 12, 2009