Trader's World Tour

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ElatedMaverick, May 28, 2007.

1. I've been thinking about this for a while, but I haven't found anyone yet.
    But I am in. :D
    You can get a 3G phone and trade from your laptop practically from anywhere where there in 3G.:cool:

#51     Nov 4, 2007
  2. I have thought of this topic for years! We as traders can live/travel anywhere in the world and work! This is a luxury that 99.9% of the population does not have, and we should take advantage of it. But maintaining 100% focus on trading should be maintained while traveling. I am looking at renting places for a month in Vegas, Vancouver, BC, and Cabo San Lucas initially over the next 6 months....maybe hitting Europe in a couple of years. Wonder how the initial trader who started this thread is doing, and where he ended up??

PT

#52     Nov 7, 2007
  3. I have been in contact with several posters on this thread who expressed interest, all of whom turned out to be pikers. I still think it is a great idea, but think you would need to be very careful making plans as there seems to be a lot of people on this site living in fantasy land.

#53     Nov 7, 2007
  4. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Starting feb 15, I will be spending the next 6 mos to life in Florianopolis, Brazil. Pretty sweet place to be...It's the brazilian version of Hawaii let's put it this way but cheaper and way more fun...been to Hawaii too.

Will be renting a place near the center of the island and near the water sports area called Lagoa da Conceição (kitesurfer, sailor here). See pic below.

Don~t think all bills will get over $700 bucks a mo with my own suite so you get the idea of how cheap things are.

I am a scalper and the place has multiple inet providers from 1-8mgs...ping time to NY is about 140ms...not bad at all.

Don't work too hard fellas...Let's see who is really serious about a world tour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#54     Jan 27, 2008
  5. I will be in South East Asia beginning on Feb 25th for about a month. Anyone in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore or anywhere else in the region?

cheers,
    Red

#55     Feb 18, 2008
  6. How did this go guys?
    Did it end up happening?

#56     Oct 11, 2009
  7. Too bad this thread failed, such a great idea! Oh well, if any traders are in SE Florida this winter, hit me up....

#57     Dec 9, 2009
  8. This thread needs a serious bump. This trader tour is such a great idea. Life is indeed too short. Just got to get out and do it.

Nearly 4 years after this thread was started is anyone interested in actually doing this?

#58     Mar 13, 2011
  9. Why would you need to do it all at once? Wouldn't a more balanced approach be to take 2 or 3 exotic trips a year? Or maybe 1 per quarter or something. But yes, thats the nice thing about being able to conduct your business from almost anywhere in the world. But you still have the time difference problem and that could make for some tired, or drunk trading. :p

#59     Mar 13, 2011
  10. And maybe have them do your laundry, too? Freeloader. :p

#60     Mar 13, 2011