Trader's World Tour

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ElatedMaverick, May 28, 2007.

1. i am still still stuck in london for now, dunno if i will make it for august...u gotta be patient.

and another thing; i know i can more or less trust you, i rather host people i am familar with..

#41     Jun 7, 2007
  2. I stayed at a fellow trader´s house in Orlando for 2 months a couple of years ago.
    We had a blast. Good times.
    (Mike, if you´re reading this. When are you finally coming over to europe? Send me a mail sometime).
    I trade mostly dia and spy options and some YM and ES.
    Somedays better than others lol

#42     Jun 7, 2007
  3. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

It will be interesting to know the outcome of this thread.

Having done a 12 month world tour myself, I can only say it's the best time you will ever have. It's like putting 10 years of your life into one. Everyday, you are seeing things you never saw, talking to people you have never seen, doing things you never did not to mention the stories you bring back home. Cultural intellect is a fine asset that will never be taken away from you. Why wait until you are sixty?

You guys could do a mini tour of say 3 countries to get things warmed up and serious, then go all-in.

Anywhere near the Himalayan mountain range would be a terrible place to trade!!! :D :D :D

#43     Jun 7, 2007
  4. Okay, I'm throwing this proposal out there to see if any interest. If so, we can move to private chat over Skype or similar to get to know each other and work out the details.

I'm keen to visit Prague, Czech Republic. From what I've read it is a beautiful city, cheap and with attractive women, so seems a good a place as any to kick things off.

I would like to go for 1 month in September 2007 before it gets too cold. If we are having a great time and the Traders World Tour concept is working, I am open to extending the trip either in Prague or somewhere else.

With this plan you are not locking yourself in to a long trip. If you can only get away for a month you are welcome, but if you are open to the idea of a longer tour this can be a great way to start things off and see how workable it will be.

It could mean we get to know each other on this trip and then regroup for a full on assault of Europe summer 2008, or continue on to warmer countries to avoid the northern winter.

So who's keen?

#44     Jun 22, 2007
  5. I'm single, living in a 2-bdrm, furnished apartment in Doha, Qatar. I work a "regular job" 8-4 and then day-trade equities most afternoons/evenings. US markets open at 4:30PM local time.

I also travel extensively throughout the Middle East and Europe and would welcome the opportunity to meet fellow traders around the world.

If anyone is interested in stopping by Qatar while traveling through the Middle East just PM me. I will be based here for another 13 months before returning to Chicago.

Joe

#45     Jun 23, 2007
  6. Having been to Prague in both 06 and 07 I can assure you you'll have a blast. Make sure you take a side trip to Bratislava (or as some have nick named it Partyslava) as well. If you do go feel free to inbox me for some more detailed information.

#46     Jun 24, 2007
  7. I have been living and trading in different cities in South America for over 2 years now. Contact me if you are seriously, serious.

#47     Oct 11, 2007
  8. #48     Oct 23, 2007
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Anyone doing the Trader World Tour?

#49     Oct 31, 2007
  10. So tempting. Might bop around South East Asia next March. Anyone planning anything similar?

#50     Oct 31, 2007