Trader's World Tour

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ElatedMaverick, May 28, 2007.

1. There is a lot of inspiration that can be taken from Jim Rogers, and his multiple world tours definitely speak to the spirit of this thread. I attended a presentation by Rogers that he gave not long after after completing that last journey. His eyes glistened while he told us a few stories about his experiences. He was really hammering on his excitement about the prospects for China and commodities (this was five years ago, I wish his excitement was more contagious to me). I recommend the audio version of this book, even though it's abridged, it's great to hear it in Jim's voice.

#21     May 29, 2007
  2. This sounds about like what I had in mind. Renting large furnished apartments or houses would work well, and if someone wanted to trade privately he could do so in his bedroom instead of the living/trading room. Four-eight weeks weeks in a city sounds about right. I envision the shorter stays in cities that are close by other smaller but interesting cities, in Europe let's say. Little weekend excursion will work nicely too.

The hosting idea that Maverick74 mentioned sounds like it could be great part of the plan too, except the local trader(s) could be more of an ambassador than a host. People who would be willing to show us around as only a local could, and talk shop too.

#22     May 29, 2007

3. okk, you got my attention, MAVERICCO!!!!

yours is an excellent idea. not too many fellas tho.
    you can finally come see my country and stroll in the biggest private park in the region. i have room for around 5-8 folks. the lesser the merrier though.

#23     May 29, 2007
  4. I love Idea that is why i started a similar thread last week.

#24     May 29, 2007
  5. Me too, from Sydney though

#25     May 29, 2007
  6. The Bogan would be keen for later in the year

#26     May 29, 2007
  7. Hey Bogan, I'm in Brissie. Later in year is when I'm thinking too.

Local ambassador idea sounds great. Maybe also look to do longer term stays in the cheaper cities (Buenos Aires, Prague, etc) and shorter ones in the expensive cities (Tokyo, London, etc) to keep costs down.

#27     May 29, 2007
  8. Zen,

my good mate from Tokyo just lifted a penthouse in Buenos Aires so that could be a start. I lived for 14 years in london so have a massive base of contacts over there as well

#28     May 29, 2007
  9. By all accounts BA is a very vibrant city, and has one of the cheapest cost of living too. I'm keen to check it out.

#29     May 29, 2007
  10. Whatever is decided I'm game. it looks promising so far :)

#30     May 29, 2007