Trader's World Tour

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ElatedMaverick, May 28, 2007.

1. I don't know anyone overseas so I would like to go with a small group, stay in each country a month or so

#11     May 28, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right, that is why I'm saying traders would offer up their place. We would create a list. So you would see that there are 45 traders in Europe in 16 different countries that could offer you a place to stay.

#12     May 28, 2007
  3. Need Wireless broadband :D

#13     May 28, 2007
  4. Host one year, travel the next. Sounds like a grand plan. Maybe even a spinoff web site for some enterprising person. Sign Me Up - I even have wireless Broadband for that Italian fellow living in London - but he has to make his own fritters. :D :D

- Spydertrader

#14     May 28, 2007
  5. I watched the new Reality TV show "The Lot" tonight. I will direct it and keep all profits from this venture :D
    PS, Italy would be a perfect place to start out :)

#15     May 28, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

BITSY!!!!!!!!!

#16     May 29, 2007
  7. Here's what I would like to do: get a good group of guys on the same wavelength and with a similar idea on the standard of living we want to live at.

Work out a rough itinerary of places to visit, but keep the whole thing fairly open. Aim to spend 1-3 months per city depending on how we like it. Travelling every week would get expensive, not to mention missed time trading while in transit. I would like to have time to really get to know the city I'm in, and as I'll be working won't be able to see everything in a week like a tourist would.

Rent fully furnished apartments with good broadband, a room each and set up trading in the lounge room. If you look at www.sublet.com and www.vrbo.com there are a lot of places that are quite reasonably priced.

Have a policy with regards to trading so everyone feels comfortable. Some guys are secretive about their strategy and won't walk to talk shop at all, others will be more open. We need the right mix of guys or a good approach so our individual trading is not affected by being with others.

The big upside will be having mates to go out for drinks with, meet the locals, explore the cities, and of course makes it safer not travelling alone.

I won't be ready to do this until later in the year, but think plenty of time is needed for interested parties on the Trader's World Tour to get to know each other first.

Some kind of blog of the whole thing could make for interesting reading.

DWade, how does this sound to you?

#17     May 29, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh man, this is sounding more and more like the Real World. LOL. Maybe we can get MTV to film it and pay for the whole adventure. Or better yet, get CNBC or Trader Monthly to foot the bill. Now there's an idea.

"This is the true story, of seven strangers, picked to live in a house, and have their lives taped, to find out what happens when people stop being polite, and start getting real. The Real World."

[​IMG]

#18     May 29, 2007
  9. Zen, exactly what I had in mind as well
    Now we need 2 more peeps :)

#19     May 29, 2007
  10. Imagine

Imagine

free room in warsaw available

kids and wife come with the package though - loud but lovable lol

#20     May 29, 2007