Traders with bad backs!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GreenDog, Nov 6, 2002.

1. How about if you hook your computer up to a projector and use a wireless keyboard? It might be more comfortable than being stuck in one place peering into a monitor.

#21     Nov 7, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

If my back's bothering me I pull a reclining easy chair up to my desk, put on my glasses (myopic) because I'm farther away from the screen, and put the keyboard in my lap.

#22     Nov 7, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

I recently got an Aeron chair. It has made all the difference in the world.

I am 5' 8" and 190 - I got the size B with all the adjustments. My biggest problem wasn't my back - it was the side of my cheeks, around the pelvic area, would start to hurt.

This chair breathes well, and has plenty of support. They recently introduced a new gizmo that will give you more back support...

http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/product/0,,c201-pss1-p8,00.html

nitro

#23     Nov 9, 2002
  4. Check out www.egoscue.com. If you suffer from any kind of structural pain it almost always has to do with body alignment. I have had personal experience with Pete Egoscues method. My wife had pain such that she couldn't sit in a car for more than 15-30 minutes without being in extreme pain. She did the Egoscue excersises, and the pain has not returned in over a year. The person that lead me to Egoscue was in a bad car wreck, tried chiropractors, herbs, etc. etc. This went on for months of continuous pain. Egoscue has elimanated his pain.

#24     Nov 9, 2002
  5. Go to a "Relax the Back" store. Pony up and get their top of the line chair. It's rather steep, about $3000, but damn is it sweet. I have fallen asleep in it on slow days.

Dr. Zhivodka

#25     Nov 9, 2002
  6. Take Pilates exercise lessons. Very good for the back. Many dancer babes go for these. Should be pleasant company.

#26     Nov 9, 2002
  7. recently my sciatica has been getting worse....

even a microdiscectomy on l5-s1 didnt even help that much... :(

any new info for traders with bad backs??:confused: :confused: :confused:

#27     Jul 25, 2006
  8. GTG

GTG

I had been interested in buying an Aeron chair for years, but always was reluctant to spend 700 dollars or so on a chair, because I am extremely cheap. Finally, one day when my back pain was getting really bad, I went to the Healthy Back store to buy an Aeron chair about 2 years ago. The salesman actually convinced me to buy a CXO chair for 800 dollars instead. I'm not sure if it's better or not, but it is pretty good.

It has made all the difference. It is rare that I get back pain now. Putting off buying a good chair probably ranks among one of the bigger mistakes of my life. A few years before I got my chair, I ruptured a disk in my back, and had to get surgery. Considering how great my back has been since I got this chair, I am convinced that if I had just bought myself a good chair earlier I never would have ruptured the disk.

The money I would have saved on surgery would have paid for the chair many times over....and who knows what saving myself a couple of months of excruciating pain and immobilization is worth. I literally couldn't get out of bed for most of the time that I waited for my surgery.

Oh and when I say a "good chair". I mean it. The chairs I was using before weren't extremely cheap chairs. They were always around a couple hundred dollars, which apparently wasn't enough to buy a chair that doesn't hurt my back.

#28     Jul 25, 2006
  9. alanack

alanack

I do an ab routine to strengthen my back(Abs of Steel, or something like it, should work). Three times a week, for about five or six minutes, is all it takes. When I do it consistently I forget about my back. When I go a couple of weeks without doing it, sitting in a chair can be quite painful, and sciatic pain often returns. Give it a try. Good luck.

Alan

#29     Jul 27, 2006
  10. For those that value a good deal, and still demand quality. I just recently recieved this chair. I was torn between the mesh and the leather, but went for the leather. Glad I did , doesn't look cheap. As for the comfort, full lumbar support, head rest, the actual seat slides forward and back, arms move up and swivel.. Since I got this chair my back pain is gone. I highly recomend it.

http://www.seatingzone.com/product/EUR-LE9ERG#

#30     Jul 27, 2006