Traders with bad backs!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GreenDog, Nov 6, 2002.

1. I'm 6'7" 275 - is there a size D ? Every office chair I've ever bought has lasted less than a year.

#11     Nov 6, 2002
  2. chisel

chisel

I bought a floor sample model with a full warranty here:

www.ultimatebackstore.com/html/aeron/aeronhafloor.htm

It was in new condition when it arrived. The person I spoke with was very helpful and friendly.

#12     Nov 6, 2002
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I have a really bad back.
    I sit in a recliner with a laptop and a table next to me with another flat screen monitor on it.
    This set up works best for me.

A friend of mine stands when he trades. He finds that the most comfy for his bad back.

Hope these tips help.:)

#13     Nov 6, 2002
  4. Tea

Tea

Another vote for the Aeron chair. Coach makes one in leather for those of you who are extravagant.

I also use a hang ups inversion table to stretch out the spine. When my back hurts I use the table and I usually hear a pop in my back, probably freeing up a pinched vertebrae.

www.inversiontables.com/inversiontables/hu-inversion.htm

#14     Nov 6, 2002
  5. Ninja

Ninja

I saw a commercial on TV some weeks ago for an expensive chi trainer machine. Someway I found it too overpraised to be true. Your post causes me to ponder again. Thanks!

#15     Nov 6, 2002
  6. just21

just21

I am 6'6" and got the C, it is fine for me. The other thing to do is raise your LCD/monitor with some phone books. I will get the ergotron lcd display stand and vesa lcd monitors next as 8 phone books for my two monitors does not look too pretty in the living room!

#16     Nov 6, 2002
  7. Ninja

Ninja

I had one of these. Was happy for some weeks with it until one day something happened to my hips while using it. Couldn't walk normal for a week after this. Also my knees felt odd after using it. I think the position is just too abnormal for a human body.

#17     Nov 6, 2002
  8. chisel

chisel

No size D, but the Aeron has a 12 year warranty.

#18     Nov 6, 2002
  9. Just got my size "C" Aeron delivered yesterday.

Bought it on Ebay for $590. Dang near brand new.

I used a knee chair a few years back, and I felt it helped me sit all day doing CAD work.

I also have an Inversion Table. It helped with my bad back until I carried a bunch of big monitors up and down my office stairs. I will use it again after I completely recover from my back surgery - undertaken to fix a herniated disc - probably caused by the aforementioned monitors.

:(

The Aeron chair seem very comfortable so far. I think it take a few days to get completely used to it.

#19     Nov 7, 2002
  10. I'm only 5'3" 107 lbs but my back is just fine:)

#20     Nov 7, 2002