Traders who win but really have no clear strategy

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Sky123987, Jun 13, 2009.

1. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Thanks TraDaToR,

We don't claim to sell the money key or the answer to trading. We just sell tools that allow you to do things that you can't manually...simple as that...and that in itself CAN give you an edge. It depends how you use it, like anything. Some people will find value in automated tools and other people won't....bottom line is, now you have options that you didn't have before.

#101     Oct 2, 2009
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes, things you can't do manually or things that are too tiring and boring to do manually, like modifying a limit order at every DOM change... I've created a little "grey box " routine in excel for this purpose.

#102     Oct 2, 2009
  3. Tradator:

Sorry you do not grasp the difficulties of trading. 90+% of the people including on ET are "Rah Rah!!! Yay! I am gonna make money becoming a REEL TRADR!!!"

A small percentage know the things you seem you seem to object to above.

Next time, I will send you a version in crayons and :) :) :) happy faces so you feel better...

Funny, we were having a good conversation until you chimed in. Did not mean to break your fantasy about becoming a trader in 5 easy steps and make you sad :(

#103     Oct 2, 2009
  4. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

I think in the end the definition of a trader is changing. I mean we have machines and tools now to replace most of the menial tasks of trading. In the end this is a good thing....the potential of the human mind is WAY behind simple order entry. The future trader is someone that is all about strategy development and finding an edge, and then using this knowledge to help a machine take advantage of it. Traders that refuse to embrace this path will just find it more difficult to compete in the future.

#104     Oct 2, 2009
  5. ok, I watched your youtube video then went to your website and read several of the pages there.

so, WTF is this? after looking at it and reading about it, I still have no idea what planet your from or if your really trading anything on earth?

what does Cymborg or Cyborg mean or do?
    do I have to have it implanted in my brain for it to work?

#105     Oct 2, 2009
  6. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

We currently have a discount on implants. :)

Cyborg is a gray-box toolset that can be added onto a front end trading platform.

Cymborg is just a simulation environment that allows you to test strategies...all of our gray-box functionality works in the simulation mode as well.

If your still confused, give us a call and we can have a chat...or we can always send you additional material.

#106     Oct 2, 2009
  7. wavel

wavel

Whoever told you this story forgot to tell you that it is a fairytale.

#107     Oct 2, 2009

8. Ya,ma father do it this way.And the result wasnt worse than trading system, neither better!

#108     Oct 9, 2009