Traders Who Like Music

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oldtime, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Ha ... not bad, OT.

If only it were as simple as growing good nails.

#21     Jan 29, 2012
  2. there's always room for jello

#22     Jan 29, 2012
  3. OT,

I had to mute Fareed Zakaria on cnn talking to " smart men from Davos " to do it.........."

huh.....?

same as a " true illusion, orderly confusion, oven fried, wise fool or a zero deficit.

give your head a shake.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY&feature=fvsr

one of the best axe men in the business. the guy banging the cans ain't bad either.

song about swing traders............:)

playing thru.

s

:cool:

#23     Jan 29, 2012
  4. no shit, I had a bad accident which makes playing guitar the way I use to impossible, so I switched to computer music, there, that should fix it, no need for any body part, until I spent almost a month trying to program a simple line supposedly from a fiddle, and my girlfriend said, "Why don't you just give it up and get a fiddle."

Which is what I did. Now these old guys I play with have missing fingers and arthritus so bad they can't even hold a fiddle up to their chin. But they make good music. And I'm talkng oldtime fiddle music, not that Bluegrass crap you see on TV.

And it just progressed from there, and I started to see the whole world through oldtime eyes.

I'm not Amish, but my Amish friends make a whole lot more sense than the Secratary of Agriculture does.

you'd be surprised how easy it is to make good decisions when you stop being enfatuated with shiny things.

so getting back to opie's post, there is always something new under the sun, especially in music, which is the second fastest artform (the first being graphic art)

and then comes all the rest, the last being science and theology

economics doesn't even rate. I put any thinking person who listens to an economist on the same plane with a psychologist who watches Jerry Springer.

You do know that there is no such thing as a science called economics, so saying who your favorite economist is as about the same as saying who your favorite musician is.

#24     Jan 29, 2012
  5. oh yeah, that's a good one, especially how the music has nothing to do with the song. And if you ever played music for a living and come upon the "Sultans of Swing" and people start to tell you that's how you will end up you start to drink.

He also did some things with Chet Atkins which I haven't heard.

#25     Jan 29, 2012
  6. man, it took me for ever to remember Chet Atkins name, at first I typed Troy, that was the first guitar instruction book I ever got, Mel Bay's Chet Atkin's "How to Play Guitar", my father bought it for me and said, if you are going to play that thing at least learn how to play it well.

#26     Jan 29, 2012
  7. at anyrate, they use to have some young kids that would post charts and show their trades and they had this kind of heavy metal new age music in the background, and I thought that was pretty cool.

#27     Jan 29, 2012
  8. Try Wagon Christ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqF7...ext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXd8vRaEmqekFH-msk3EuxOr

#28     Jan 29, 2012
  9. why did you delete that cheese? That's where jazz comes from my friend. In the old days down south, negroes were expected to play music for their white folk. When Gershwin came along through sheet music and the early recordings, the white women would ask the black musicians if they could play it. Of course they said yes. If you are a blues musician and you try to play a straight song which uses the cycle of fifths instead of the I IV V changes blues uses you will make a lot of mistakes and slide up or down to the right note (usually up) and that's where jazz came from.

Black blues muscians trying to play Gershwin for white folks. And Gershwin returns the favor many times by incorporating Blues into his tunes.

if you want to get into what the music was like before jazz check out dixieland.

we're still not sure about blues. No one knows for sure where it came from. Some say Mali, but there is no blues in Mali.

But you take a musician from Mali and ask him to play Gershwin and it will come out jazz.

#29     Jan 29, 2012
  10. So Rock N' Roll is just like the "Theory of Evolution"? (unknown origin)

#30     Jan 29, 2012