Traders: who does your taxes?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by bat1, Apr 11, 2008.

1. craig09

craig09

#41     Apr 22, 2008
  2. I never overspend my winnings, that's my solution to the problem.

By simply setting asided 50% of your profits per withdrawl from your account you will always be able to cover your bill ... I don't think any of us are as lucky as Wesley Snipes! :D

Good trading.

#42     Apr 22, 2008
  3. you are not required to pay estimated taxes. you will just have to pay a penalty if you dont. the key point is that the penalty is only the interest on the money. the thing to consider is this. as a trader can you make more than the interest penalty on the money during that year? if so you are better off keeping the money and putting it to better use.

#43     Apr 22, 2008
  4. Sqanp

Sqanp

First off you don't make much money. You have never made more than 50k in a year. How funny it was talking about this site and you pop into the conversation, they call you at your firm THE BIGGEST BULL SHIT ARTIST to ever walk in there.

So why don't you get a diaper and wear it around your mouth. Oh and post your return that shows i am full of it and i will never come on this site again.:cool:

http://www.diapers.com/

#44     Apr 22, 2008

5. LMAO!!!! I see you know ET’s resident poseur. Are you sure he even has a job? On this forum alone, he has posted approximately 1275 posts in 100 +/- days, not five months!! Given the time he spends on the various trading forums reading and posting, day, night, weekends, holidays, etc., where does he find the time while on the clock mopping the floors and cleaning the restrooms or whatever it is he is supposed to be doing? No way would anyone be able to hold a full time job and post the way he does.

But in his defense, I would venture to say he is actually telling the truth for once about holding aside reserves for taxes from his (*cough*) trading earnings. Putting aside 50% of zero isn’t that difficult and is only another column on his paper trading ledger.

st

#45     Apr 25, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Can you incorporate and then pay tax in the rational way i.e. after you earn it?

#46     May 2, 2008
  7. Yes you can. You can pay yourself a salary and send your taxes every period.

I'm pretty sure I think I know what riskfreetrading was talking about. Theoretically you can create an offshore trading company. It used to be you wouldn't have to pay any US taxes whatsoever, but according to my accountant they closed that loophole.

And to slowcpa, extensions are only free if you have paid what you owe as of April 15th. Any difference will be subject to penalties and interest. You should know that based on your name.

#47     May 2, 2008