traders who are deeply religious

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit_trader, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Now that you have added a new definition for SPECULATION, all you need is
    to add that SPECULATION is also blessed by the Divine Providence.
    Then Soros would be the greatest saint.

:D

#41     Dec 16, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

T-shirts for deeply religious traders:

God is my broker!

I trade for Jesus!

I'm long Salvation!

I shorted Satan!

#42     Dec 16, 2005
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

#1 is my personal favorite :D

#43     Dec 16, 2005
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i believe it was in exodus where joseph accumulates grain after having the wisdom to see that grain prices were set to rocket in the coming months.

i see that you are trying to attack religion from every angle you can think of, yet you are being countered every time.

but are you learning?

does this tell you something?

try embracing life rather than fighting it.

#44     Dec 16, 2005
  5. :)

#45     Dec 16, 2005
  6. baloney!
    Simply that you are completely ignorant as to the nature of human action.

#46     Dec 16, 2005
  7. But he didn't sell it back later for a financial profit.
    Speculators buy and sell, sell and buy the same 'product' for a gain in another 'product'. He did not speculate. He invested wisely. He was smart.

Do you read or do you speculate?

Where did I attack religion?
    Where?
    Quote me if you can!
    You are slandering!
    And for this false accusation you will be punished by your God.

I oppose (?) all those who say they believe in Him and yet try to bribe Him (through prayers) for profits in trading when they shouldn't trade in the first place because they can't accept the outcome of their own freely exercised actions.

What if after praying, they lose? Do they blame God for being deaf to their cries for help?

If they pray for profits when they speculate, their prayers become blasphemies.

Why don't they pray for world peace instead?

There are so many self entitled "religious persons" who are nothing but
    modern Pharisees.

Tell me, are you such a modern XXI century pharisee?
    :D

-Pharisees- those who claim to spread His Will while what they do is to use God for their personal benefit.

#47     Dec 16, 2005
  8. acrary

acrary

Sure, the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14 - 30.
    Man given 5 talents invests/trades and creates 5 talents more.
    When his master returns he is told "well done, good and faithful servent. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things."

Money is not evil, just the lust for it.

I believe if you're a good,talented trader as proven by your results, you have a moral obligation to trade and grow the money the best you can. Just don't try to hold onto the money with a tight fist. Genuine opportunites will come up to bless others in need. It's at those times you will be expected to freely use the money for the good it was intended.

#48     Dec 16, 2005
  9. My own - highly customized - religion requires that I "have my way" with women of "loose morals" on a regular basis.

In this way I try to be "deeply" religious as often as possible... :cool:
    Focuses the mind for trading like no other...

#49     Dec 16, 2005
  10. KingsSon

KingsSon

Wrong. He did sell it back later for a financial profit. A huge windfall, in fact. Read Genesis 47:13-24
    Net result - pharoah owned all of Egypt - all the land, all the money, all the cattle, all the grain and all the people.

You are right that he didn't speculate. He acted on the prophetic vision God gave to pharoah. The lesson? Obey God and you will be blessed.

Slander is spoken defamation of character. I think you mean libel.

You don't have any idea about the character of my God - none, zilch, nada. What people are pointing out is that you couching your words as an expert, and you are basing your ideas from something that is not true.

Where do you get these ideas? Show me in the bible please. People have already countered your arguments with scripture - go read them! They will be enlightening.

Do you know what a Pharisee is? Were you aware that the apostle Paul was a Pharisee?

The real problem is that too many people, especially in America, profess to know Jesus and really don't. What's worse is they attribute characteristics to Him which are nonexistent - or even opposite of how He really is. He is faithful. He is loving. He is unchanging. He is awesome. He is mighty. He is fierce in his anger. He is merciful and compassionate.

If all of these things sound foreign to you, again, I challenge you to go and look them up for yourself. Go read the bible. Start in the gospels. Make a choice based on what you have discovered for yourself as opposed to something someone has told you.

PS - Thanks for bringing up the topic originally. You have challenged me to dig deeper into various beliefs of mine. As a result my understanding and conviction has strengthened because of it.

#50     Dec 16, 2005