Traders - What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Evidently, killjoy is unaware of how hard it is to build, and then get them airborne first.
    Remember watching a guy, I believe it was a "trike", but maybe homemade design, plummet out of the air and hit a telephone pole. I couldnt beleive it, from around maybe 1500 meters. That sucked.

Don't recall what happened, (failure wise) but he nearly made it, he was clearly aiming for a nice stretch of dirt road, (i wasnt far away) but ended up wrapped around a phone pole 3/4 the way up instead, just metre's off a safe landing.

#51     Mar 19, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fan Blade Jig is finished, I start blade assembly today

[​IMG]

engine hoist

#52     Apr 8, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Finally found a combination of water pump and pulleys that will work allowing me to get the WP and alternator on the engine. My engine computer builder is running a couple of months behind on delivery.

[​IMG]

#53     Apr 15, 2010
  4. Lucrum, love the updates. feel free to add more pictures, and updates. I'm seriously debating building a Sonex, which is no where as complex as what you are doing, but you are motivating me!

#54     Apr 15, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just don't wait as long as I did to start.

Have you considered looking for a Sonex that someone has started and won't be finishing? Sometimes there are some real steals to be had AND some of the work is already done?

#55     Apr 15, 2010
  6. Arnie

Arnie

7. I've all ready waited too long. I'll say that the idea of buying someone elses work makes me nervous. If I can find out what their background and such I might be able to do it, but otherwise I'd probably end up starting over just to check everything for correctness. Cripes, doing it myself, I'd probably end up building 2, the first being practice for the 2nd which I'd feel safe to fly. lol
    No more links to aircraft for sale! I start to shake and reach for the checkbook.:D
    I don't go to EAA Fly In because I'm not sure I could leave without a car full of stuff, and I'm only 90 miles away.

#57     Apr 16, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Understandable I'd feel the same way. If the airframe were still "open" so everything could be easily inspected and/or the project was being built by an A&P and/or some with prior building experience in that type of construction (metal, composite etc...) then it might be worth considering.
    I've been to Oskosh twice years ago. There are a lot of tent seminars worth attending for anyone considering taking the plunge.
    This week: http://www.sun-n-fun.org/

#58     Apr 16, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

And they're good for "humping", for us Humpy kind a guys...
    :)

I got most of the engine mount welded and riveted.
    Taking a break from that so today I'm cutting 60 pieces of S-glass for covering the fan blades.

[​IMG]

#59     May 23, 2010