Traders using IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by steve46, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Florida here... works great and I love IB!!!

no probs ever

#11     Feb 9, 2004
  2. i havnt had a problem with ib from australia...(connected to the NY server for ib)

and ib is da bomb...atleast for aussies, u weigh up brokerage fee's etc..for australian brokers..to ib...(was paying 25 bucks a trade on a futures contract..now..what...5 bucks? ..sure does add up

Pluss..service seems to be fine, disconnections dont seem to happen to often & the sierra charting package most use is the only program iv found that has the indicators i like..(cant seem to replicate them on any other charting software)

#12     Feb 9, 2004
  3. abogdan

abogdan

It is fine in Canada

#13     Feb 9, 2004
  4. My thanks to all posters. I will check (again) my physical connections and software. Over a period of a half hour, I documented 5 disconnections, and for the last one, the automated logon procedure was on its 5th runthrough when I shut down and manually reloaded the program. As stated before, I am running Sierracharts and Mytrack, and both continued to chug along with no interruptions. Something is wrong somewhere. Thanks you. Steve46

#14     Feb 9, 2004
  5. Cable here. Haven't had a disconnect in FREAKIN WEEKS!!!!!!. Bash the Amex for not opening until 11:30 while you're at it ;-)

#15     Feb 9, 2004
  6. Not too long ago one of the fine posters at ET told me to
    dedicate one computer to TWS and leave all of your other
    charting, etc., on other computer(s)....

I have noticed if I use IE while trading it bugs TWS...

#16     Feb 9, 2004
  7. Sorry to hear you had problems.

Down here in the boonies (Tucson, AZ on cable (COX)) everything was "normal".

#17     Feb 9, 2004
  8. do a tracert to the ib server you are using and post the results here.

Open the c\jts\oldog.txt file to find out what IB server you are using.

Open the windows command line window.
    Type in tracert nameOfIBServer and hit the return key.
    (Of course don't literally type in 'nameOfIBServer,' but type in, at the point, the url of the server you find in oldlog.)

ex:
    C:\tracert gw2.ibllc.com

If your latency is too high, the IB server may keep re-establishing a connection trying to find a better quality one.

Another possibility-

You may have a corrupted file.
    Save a copy of c:\jts
    Delete all IB related diretories and files.
    Clear the IB related key in regedit- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Trader Workstation
    Download the clean install version of TWS and install it. Do the install with a windows user that has admin rights (Either by granting rights to your windows user or using RunAs. Most people are probably using a user with admin rights anyway although you shouldn't go on the internet with such a user. I noticed that TWS puts in some windows system files, so you need to run the installer under an admin user to fully install all the files.)

#18     Feb 9, 2004
  9. zdreg

zdreg

Trust me, I know what I'm doing!!!

my response to last sentence
    i'm from the government. i' am here to help to you

two sentences with equal amounts of truth

#19     Feb 9, 2004
  10. abogdan

abogdan

Did you try the other crap that is out there?

#20     Feb 9, 2004