Trader's Union

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qdz, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Guys do it all the time. Find a few traders, call any of the prop firms and they will give you rates on the combined totals for the day that the group of guys is doing. Is done all over the place, so I don't see how a union would help you.

Unions ruin companies. If they don't ruin the profitability, they'll run them out of business. Union's are the most inneficient bunch of idiots, outside the goverment. Unions are for COMMUNISTS!!! I personally, am not about to redistribute more of my income, so a shlub trader who doesn't work his ass off could get paid. NO THANKS!!! Get a real job if you can't make it.

#21     Dec 7, 2002
  2. bronks

bronks

As a member of the International Association Of Bridge, Structural, and Ornamental Ironworkers Union; I take tremendous offense to your comment. Do you have any clue what unions are about? Obviously not. You probably get what you know from TV which of course will only show you the negative side of things. I'm too tired today to diatribe. So:

We are so inefficient and stupid that we built the empire state building, the golden gate bridge, the arch in St. Louis, staples center, all of Las Vegas, most of Manhattan, most of every metropolitan city in the US, the sears tower... to name a few.

We're such a bunch of commies that when 9/11 hit, ironworkers were right along side the firemen and police, and remained until the clean-up was complete. Oh yeah, union ironworkers built the twin towers and will re-build it again.

You're an ignorant dumbass and right at the top of my shit list. Which is kinda funny (not) considering I never had a shit list before. And learn how to spell, stupid.

#22     Dec 7, 2002
  3. #23     Dec 8, 2002
  4. qdz, will you please quit it with the freakin :p emoticon?

you're yet to say anything remotely witty enough as to warrant a :p

:mad:

ps - your idea, in brief, sucks.

#24     Dec 8, 2002
  5. lescor

lescor

You know, for a guy who puts himself out there as the head of a professional trading firm, you sure manage to come across as a boorish ignoramus. Some of your posts are written like they are from an obnoxious 15 year old. None of the other trading firm officials who post here are as unprofessional as you. Whether you like it or not, your personal viewpoints and the way you express them are going to affect people's view of your company.

If you care...

btw, as a member of the International Association of Fire Fighters, I also take offense at your comments. Don't call my commie pinko brothers when your life is in peril.

#25     Dec 8, 2002
  6. You can't have a union. You don't have an employer. You couldn't get certification from the National Labor Relations Board.
    Travel agents thought about doing this a few years ago to deal with the airlines. It never got off the ground, so to speak.

What you can have is an association, organization, social club (for mobsters only) etc.

I think an association that exists to represent traders' interests and to provide services like insurance is a good idea.

#26     Dec 8, 2002
  7. qdz

qdz

Okay, let's have an association then. I don't care what its name, as long as I see it is a strong disciplined organization. It needs to have many authorities that a union has, for example to call for a strike.

:p

#27     Dec 8, 2002
  8. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

daytradersusa.com

Been around for years and a lot of the top guys in the field are members.......................................

#28     Dec 8, 2002
  9. silk

silk

You don't cut my commissions, and i won't trade anymore. Lol.

Traders union. That is a good one.

#29     Dec 8, 2002
  10. First of all, I didn't imply that I had a problem with the workers in the union. Most union workers are hard working individuals, who could use the union dues for their own needs. I have a problem with unions themselves. Unions tend not to understand the concept of business needs to make money in order to pay their employees. Unions are businesses themselves that have to stay profitable in order to stay in business, otherwise they will fail. They will do whatever it takes for them to stay profitable without considering the consequences to their employees. There are unions out there that care, but most, are only out for themselves. They force companies to keep employees that are no longer needed. They force companies to give raises in times when companies can't afford it. In the end, they tend to force companies into bankruptcy, which causes harm to the employees in them.

So please don't accuse of me of having a problem with firefighter, policemen, etc... But I know a bunch of people that are in unions, and most would prefer not to be in one, but are forced into it.

#30     Dec 8, 2002