Trader's Union

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qdz, Dec 7, 2002.

1. jeffgus

jeffgus

Go to any B/D with monthly volume of 300K shares and try to work a competitive deal. Go with 5 Million and see what type of pricing you will be offered if you deliver on that volume.

If a union is not an option, how about something where independent traders can unite to cut insurance costs, data costs, tax costs, or any expense that we all have.

#11     Dec 7, 2002
  2. I think Jeffgus has hit on something. I for one would be interested in some kind of group insurance plan.

#12     Dec 7, 2002
  3. qdz

qdz

thanks guys. you are brilliant. let's keep on working out something.

the beauty of a union is that when its principle interests deadly hurt, the counter-parties will hurt deadly as well. UAL is a perfect example.

:p

#13     Dec 7, 2002
  4. white17

white17

UAL, Right. All those fortunate union members that have helped push the company into bankruptcy can now celebrate by looking for other means of employment. Brilliant !

#14     Dec 7, 2002
  5. qdz

qdz

No problem for self-employed traders!

#15     Dec 7, 2002
  6. man you've had some dumb ideas but this one takes the cake...

#16     Dec 7, 2002
  7. Maybe you would like to explain how you can call it beauty when everyone hurts deadly. Am I a complete moron or are you?

#17     Dec 7, 2002
  8. qdz

qdz

No, you didn't see it. When negotiation works, every party is benefited. Byt in the worst case, we have a brand new opportunity to equally start from scratch. That is the beauty.

#18     Dec 7, 2002
  9. lescor

lescor

What is the deal with this group?

http://www.securitytraders.org

I don't think a union would work with a group as independant as self-employed traders. But an organization that could effectively lobby for traders on important issues would be fantastic. That's why we can get steamrolled on things like the pattern daytrader rule, because there is no one to speak up for us as a group.

Is anyone famiar with the above organization? They are actively supporting or opposing numerous industry issues that effect all of us. Are they affiliated with some larger group, are they in someone's back pocket, or are they aligned with any political groups?

#19     Dec 7, 2002
  10. What kind of drugs ...

#20     Dec 7, 2002