Traders try to learn from errors..but not Kevin O'Leary

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Q.E.D., Nov 18, 2022.

1. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

countryBoy641 likes this.
  2. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Below is even more frightening than O'Leary:

Sequoia’s global managing partner, said Sequoia had done “careful due diligence” on FTX.

Sequoia, which invested $210 million in FTX, wrote down the value of its stake in the crypto exchange to zero last week after rival exchange Binance’s withdrawal of an offer to rescue the company left it facing bankruptcy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/18/vc-...g-leone-on-the-fallout-from-ftx-collapse.html

jys78 and countryBoy641 like this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Chamath was approached to invest in FTX, took a look and proposed that FTX appoint a board and other measures. The message came back from FTX “go fuck your self” so he didn’t invest.

source, all in podcast.

jys78 likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

The secret life of the super rich s7 e1:

5. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Seems Chamath was ahead there, but he's had a lot of issues with SPACS he sponsored, so not sure he is that clean.

6. Overnight

Overnight

He's actually an ABC shark. CNBC (and now Nat Geo) are just reruns of the ABC show.

7. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

OK. I don't watch Shark, but see O'Leary on CNBC regularly.

8. Overnight

Overnight

Well, you can see him on the Tank tonight on ABC, they have a new episode at 8PM (or is it 9 PM?) EST.

9. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Thanks -- I think, but I mute my TV even for the few minutes O'Leary is on various segments on CNBC. However, if any of the other sharks -- or even if some other CNBC hacks -- ask him about FTX, I would listen to his response. Even Willie Sutton had some pearls of wisdom.

10. Kevin’s a piece of dog sh&t. Listening to him deflect, dodge, equivocate on CNBC now is sickening. Equating his $15 million paid spokesman losses with investors sucks!

#10     Dec 8, 2022