Trader's occupational arthritis ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Kicking, Oct 17, 2008.

1. LOL. Good one Surdo. I have a ton of problems related to trading. Tendenitis of the right elbow, wrist and left hip. Already had spine fusion and have to wear glasses to protect from the glare and that's in addition to the glare covers on the screens. Should we talk about the stress next? Ahhh....shoulda went to medical school :eek:

#11     Oct 18, 2008
  2. "It's only a matter of time before unrestrained masterbation kills you and everyone you know." said Dr. Stunata a University professor who is the spokesman for the CYGT Bagholders Unite Now Foundation.

Contact with, or even being in the proximity of unrestrained masterbation is known to trigger acute loose eyeball disease, anal leakage, and a deadly soup of bacteria called gumbo that shoots out of your nostrils.

"We know that unrestrained masterbation needs little time to reach sufficient levels to kill,"

The first victim was a young trader on ET "He was perfectly fine till the opening bell," Stunata said in a telephone interview.

"After about 15 minutes, he had a case of grapey sores and collapsed on the floor. The autopsy clearly indicates he died from exposure to unrestrained masterbation," said Stunata, who would not disclose the man's name or the precise place and time of his death for privacy reasons.

Stay tuned....

#12     Oct 18, 2008
  3. Vista

Vista

Damn, now that's dedication. It might be time for a vacation.

#13     Oct 18, 2008
  4. once in a while I feel mild pain in both right/left palm just below the thumbs. and if I try to massage this portion by rubbling/applying gentle pressure, it hurts even more. and sometimes all my fingers feel numb. does anyone know how to go about this?

#14     Oct 18, 2008
  5. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

6. First my right wrist and then after using a mouse (not natural to begin with) in my left hand the left wrist started to hurt.

I found 'cures' that seem to work.

1. get a wheelmouse. one where your thumb turns a ball. It didnt natural at first but I did become used to it pretty quickly. Helps ALOT

2. walgreens sells wrist braces, wear them all the time. not just when using a computer.

3. get a keyboard that is shapped and not flat. Microsoft sells them at bestbuy and I am sure other places. that helps a lot.

4. an aspirin seems to help.

5. six pack of bud light has done the trick too from time to time. Not sure I would try this one while trading thou.

#16     Oct 18, 2008
  7. 1. get logitech mouse MX518 or equivalent, make sure mouse cursor is very sensitive. it takes some time to get used to the sensitive mouse, but it is worth it.

2. wear support for your wrist (walmart sells them)

#17     Oct 18, 2008
  8. Chagi

Chagi

Similar advice as previous posters:

- Buy a trackball (specifically one where you move mouse with your thumb)...this helps me a great deal.

- Ibuprofen can help a bit (anti-inflammatory)

Haven't personally tried a wrist brace yet, I find the two previous items keep my own wrist issue in line.

#18     Oct 19, 2008
  9. Mouse? No... Three words...
    Nintendo Power Glove

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfjE2z_x5k8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfjE2z_x5k8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#19     Oct 19, 2008