Traders' Most Commonly Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by AskSlim, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Please continue .... I don't want this topic to die.:)

#41     Oct 14, 2003
  2. Typical floor trader thinking.

One of the biggest reasons floor traders have a hard time converting upstairs. Thought of one market/one strategy expertise.

This has been said from long time ago but...

What is the edge for an upstair trader? Trading multiple markets.

With the improvement of technology... the edge expands to multiple strategy.

#42     Oct 14, 2003
  3. Been there done that?

#43     Oct 14, 2003
  4. For now, I would have no problem to accept the above statement, probably due to a similar trading style. :confused: :)

#44     Oct 14, 2003
  5. smknbul

smknbul

Hoodooman's question is good and I'll second it.
    What basic aspects of T/A could someone apply to his or her trading strategies that could help them to begin earning a living while doing their favorite thing ...yes, trading- Thank You kindly.:)

#45     Oct 14, 2003
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I don't mind you gathering questions for your book or column as long as you mention the member's username who submitted the question and EliteTrader.com as being the source. Following your existing format, if I submitted a question you chose to print, the following would appear after the question:

--Baron from EliteTrader.com

I think that's a fair request.

#46     Oct 15, 2003
  7. Yes once there is an understanding that in a given market, you can see it's operation from different perspectives.

Within each perpsective a holistic view may be painted out fully.

It is like looking at what the components of a portfolio might be based upon the service the component contributes.

I am enjoying watchin the financial industry back and fill it's way out of asset allocation, etc.

But several things do remain in the financial planning picture. things are being packaged as substitutes for traditional financial planning. All of them deal with defining how to measure the quality of what a person invests in.

Thus each perspective that is possible vis a vis futures indexes can be treated the same way. Each is a stand alone and can be used. After each has attained it's QA niche; it appears different and independant.

Well then, distribute capital over the broad combination of independent opportunities in the specific market and trade them independently as compontents of a porfolio. By insulating the accounts financilly they continue to operateoptimally and not interfer and cancel each other out.

It is fun to assemble a collection of files, each devoted to individual elements. There are experts who have documented each and every application. They truly are covered comprehensively and most often there are few references across the board. It is almost like you can construct a rainbow all the parts contribute independently to the whole.

The either or thing gets very passe when capital grows. You can search lamenting threads here authored by people who cannot apply capital to the real existing opportunities because of their thinking limitations.

One suggestion made today elsewhere suggests that you could succeed more effectiviely if you vary from A to B to C in only one perceived perspective. It would be amazing for that person to find out that there are many perspectives as well and A, B and C could run independently side by side.

#47     Oct 15, 2003
  8. Unless you coach and mentor for free, you are trolling for business.

#48     Oct 15, 2003
  9. "What are the GOOD questions ?", that is the question :D

#49     Oct 15, 2003
  10. AskSlim;
    I keep SFO mag & your column ;
    good work & like to read & reread them:cool:

How much can you elaborate on that last underlined statement;
    more than the well written answer & chart in SFO did .

AskSlim, ''CANSLIM'' got pretty specific;
    even with art mixed with science.

===
    The diligent find freedom in work-Solomon,trader king

#50     Oct 15, 2003