Traders make pennies, Investors make dollars

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, May 14, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

For every AAPL there are a lot of wanna bee's, and frankly for every profitable trader there are also a lot of wanna bee's. A lot of them buy and sell on fundamental "facts", a lot of them on "technical science" and some on both.

#21     May 14, 2008
  2. Bottom line is - - -Entry is everything!

#22     May 14, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Your kidding me? For me the entry part was very easy to get down, I think I had great entries within 3 months, I'm still working on the "perfect" exit.

#23     May 14, 2008
  4. And the top line is exits!

#24     May 14, 2008

5. The bottom line is, a good trader will always make more money than a good investor.

Of course if you don't know what you're doing - it's better to be a dumb investor than a dumb trader

#25     May 14, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

A better way to start this thread would have been to say.

A smart seasoned investor can make millions - while most traders only make pennies.

There are just as many investors as there are failed traders if not actually many more because everyone usually invests a little and they fail because they have no clue but few people actually take on trading full time in relation to people who invest....

#26     May 15, 2008
  7. that comment is laughable. so you mean to tell me you advocate what wall street has been saying! "buy and hold". thanks for the useless tip.i'll stick to scalping.

#27     May 15, 2008
  8. i guess you don't advocate reading. he was saying people need to pay attention to fundamentals more and not solely technical analysis. the op is correct when he says this.

#28     May 15, 2008
  9. bear was always the one rumored to have the potential to blow up even when it was over 100. people began to seriously question their FUNDAMENTALS. technicals didn't drive the stock to bankruptcy.

how do you guys think paulson made billions off of subprime? fundamentals and a trade that had very limited risk with extremely high reward.

and don't get investing confused with refusal to sell something. they are not the same.

#29     May 15, 2008
  10. lol exactly. :)

#30     May 15, 2008