Traders make pennies, Investors make dollars

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, May 14, 2008.

1. :D

#11     May 14, 2008
  2. me? no lol.

But I honestly can't believe my eyes here. I'm sorry to say it, but a lot of this market is sentiment. Not technicals.

Hell, I hate to bring this up, but after all these responses.....

Paul Tudor Jones was quoted as saying he made half his money from fundamentals and half from technicals.

#12     May 14, 2008
  3. First, I'm not talking to you lol. I know you know what you're doing.

Second, you trade options......that speaks for itself.

Third, Im almost certain you did it in a way most traders on here can't.

#13     May 14, 2008
  4. Those were all technically washed up before the shit hit the fan. BSC same thing.

Value investing isn't the way to go unless you're warren buffet or someone who knows what real value looks like.

RIMM and APPL yes....but I didn't say chase the fuckin things. I'd wait for a pull-back :)

#14     May 14, 2008
  5. Technical and sentiment are not mutually exclusive.

#15     May 14, 2008
  6. If you were an investor this year, you would have missed 4 huge money making opportunities trading the bottoms and tops of the volatile moves. Speaking of AAPL you could have sold at 199 in December and re-entered at 120 a couple months later, to ride it back to 190. And you can now ride it back down from 187 to 160 short.

#16     May 14, 2008
  7. True. There are exceptions to everything That's what traders are for. :)

(yes I use technicals BTW) Couldn't live without them.

#17     May 14, 2008
  8. The longs yes. The short on AAPL I'm going to have to disagree. Short 140ish if it ever gets down there.

Shorting the tops is like buying falling knives.

#18     May 14, 2008
  9. I like how anyone can read the left side of the charts. Lets see if your chart-to-right reading works out .. AAPL closed @ $186.26

#19     May 14, 2008
  10. lindq

lindq

It's a good idea to have dollars in both longer term 'investments', and short term speculation (trading.)

They can be mutually supportive, especially during periods of low volatility uptrends when trading gets tough but holds are showing profits.

Each has its value, and its time in the sun.

#20     May 14, 2008