Trader's Internet Connection Speed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Then I guess the Suze Orman pictures would be out of the question :D

#11     Aug 27, 2002
  2. i think pictures add color to this site. i don't mean that literally.. i mean, they add some spice! less and less people are using dial up anyway, and even if someone is, it's probably not even a big deal if every now and then someone posts a pic.

although baron does a great job, i would put this in the category of being a little too picky. no offense baron, but i think the non-allowance of pics would be a bit much, imo. as long as it doesn't get out of control, i think a little variety is nice here. i think the majority would agree too.

#12     Aug 27, 2002
  3. So, after that great speech, you don't put up a picture of your namesake? (Or at least the lizard.)

#13     Aug 28, 2002
  4. here..

#14     Aug 28, 2002
  5. #15     Aug 28, 2002
  6. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

Who picked dial up, and why?

I once heard one of the makers of the Watcher platform talking about the phone line being faster for placing orders than cable. Does anyone think this is true?

#16     Aug 28, 2002
  7. I use a dialup for my IB connection and execution speed has never been a problem. Broadband is not availible here. The beauty of IB's platform is that it requires very little bandwidth. I did have a number of problems with other brokers.

#17     Aug 28, 2002
  8. echo

echo

OPTIONAL777. I'm not one for censorship, but you are often just mean with some of your posts. I think a professional forum should maintain some level of respect for its peers. Disagree with folks if you want, but the High School name calling attitude you seem to have for some of the people on this site just annoys me. Maybe I'm in the minority here. That is all.

#18     Aug 28, 2002
  9. Posting of pix: no

posting a url pointing to pix, sure. :)

#19     Aug 28, 2002
  10. Actually, I think the only "peer" you may be speaking of that I have posted pictures of is Don Bright, isn't it? I don't consider Don a "peer" of mine.....do you consider him your peer?

#20     Aug 28, 2002