Traders International

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by DrPepper, Oct 21, 2008.

1. why dont you study Anekdoten's thrad "Ideas for Struggling Traders".

its free too.

#11     Nov 3, 2008
  2. So you actually saw him place the trade on the DOM at the price he was saying and he got filled for a profit? I was bored the other day so i took a look at this "Demo", I didnt see a DOM or anything. When i asked, I was simply ignored. Another thing i noticed is that he always gets filled when his profit is tipped. I dont think I have ever had that happen to me on the ES, really has to trade through. I saw him take about 5 trades to make his two points. After commissions, its not really that much. Definitely not worth the $7k or whatever.

Ask yourself is it really worth $7k to get the special settings, for there indicators? That's really all your getting. Everything else they teach is free on the web if you do some research.

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. Actually, I successfully took the trades he called out in sim mode the last 2 times I watched the free online webinar. However, there was one trade I took that was a loser that he claimed not to get filled on. Both myself and one other attendee called him on it and he kept claiming he did not get filled. But price traded 2-3 ticks in the direction of his entry price and I find it hard to believe he did not get filled.

I am not planning on buying his system. I was able to get my stochastics and MACD indicators to plot very closely to his and I understand his divergence and trend-following pullback set-ups that he uses in the webinars.

I am glad that we finally got a response in this thread from someone who actually joined Traders International.

#13     Nov 4, 2008
  4. bjm051593

bjm051593

cybrbrdr - thanks this was helpful (esp to have a seemingly balanced opinion expressed)

My dilema is this:

I've been trading for a few years and have become pretty good at iron condors but I'd like to add some directional strategies to my portfolio to complement the condors during strong market moves...

I've created a few short-term (e.g. tick chart) systems arguably very simple and backtested but all of them seem to fall down at some point, usually when I start trading them. I suspect I'm missing something either fundamental or more involved that would help me filter trades. I haven't been able to find out precisely what that is and would like to see how some "pros" do it so I can find out how to tweak my systems. If I make money while doing that, all the better - that will also help me develop the courage when pulling the trigger on my own systems.

TI seems like it might help in those areas but I've had a few concerns:
    1) they don't seem to be very forthcoming with details before joining, which just makes me suspicious.
    2) I looked at the results on their site and I can't map their trade list to the live market. The times and prices don't line up.

But - there certainly seems to be a lot of appeal there as well.

I'm certainly open to other ideas but there doesn't seem to be positive feedback on anything (that I can find) other than "do it yourself" but I've hit a roadblock there as well.

Any other advice would certainly be appreciated.

#14     Nov 4, 2008
  5. bjm051593

bjm051593

DrPepper - would you mind sharing more detail? The one webinar I watched I wasn't able to see how he was using the indicators - there was one beautiful divergence he passed on and then entered a trade later when it seemed to line up with his slide deck more than the indicators.

I also couldn't figure out how the MACD fit into the decision at all. I've watched a number of the "Trade of the Day" webinars and also have no idea what the triggers are...

Granted that may be the point of buying the system but I don't think the value is in the parameters used so much as the overall strategy and watching over the shoulder.

#15     Nov 4, 2008
  6. It is hard to figure out from watching the trade of the day. But he gives a free webinar at least once a week. You can go to their website for times. I also get ads from Online Trader Central for his one hour free webinar where he does a better job explaining his divergence and trend following trades than I can.

#16     Nov 4, 2008
  7. bjm051593

bjm051593

Thanks Dr - I'll check it out...

#17     Nov 4, 2008
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

No, it makes a huge difference.

If you are trading with real $, not sure how can you say it with strait face.

#18     Nov 4, 2008
  9. cybrbrdr

cybrbrdr

"TI seems like it might help in those areas but I've had a few concerns:
    1) they don't seem to be very forthcoming with details before joining, which just makes me suspicious.
    2) I looked at the results on their site and I can't map their trade list to the live market. The times and prices don't line up."

I was more concerned about results of other traders who had bought the system. One would assume that the folks who originated the methodology would be good with it, but I was more interested in those who were their students. So, I got acquainted with them, even went on live trading hotcomm with some of them at various times. Results were as expected, some got it, some didn't. Those who did well could probably have done well with some other methodology. Those who failed likely would have failed with any system.

I would caution not to put that much emphasis in the results of one person, whether it be the instructor, or whomever. In my way of thinking, they are there to point out the trade system. It is simple enough for one to take a look at the end of the day to see how the system panned out, properly applied. It either works or it doesn't. Whether the trainer was in the trade, out of the trade, trading for real money, trading for matchsticks, or just calling the shots means little to me, as long as he called things fairly accurately and didn't miss too many.

As for TI, I don't think it is bad at all, and I understand it has changed somewhat from the original methodology. If I were to recommend something, I might suggest that you pass on TI.
    I just believe that you can generate your own effective system
    in about the same amount of time and save the $.

#19     Nov 6, 2008
  10. xtrader05

xtrader05

Just to let anyone know whos interested in purchasing the course from TI cause i previously bought the course on a payment plan i payed $2,750 and was to pay the rest of in monthly installments i never paid one cent more and spent three full months in there trading room i still own the course till this day and am very glad i do as its just an added bonus strategy to the one i currently now use cause i didnt find there trading room to impressive although not bad but i new once i spent that money i had to make good use of it cause TI wasnt going to trade for me no one can you have to learn yourself and u have to be determined very determined i now daytrade independently using a modified stochastic and DM indicator which took me a year to discover but my friends out there let me tell you something the signals this strategy produces are often and very reliable strong and leading you to some very very nice trades i have well over 20 top trading books on phsycology money management and trading systems and well on my way to success in my profession as a day trader so if your thinking or wanting advice on the TI course i think its a good start ive never looked back.

#20     Dec 16, 2008