Trader's International Scam????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shartwell, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know anything about Traders International, but I know a little bit about this forum. If anybody posted about how much money they were making with company that charges money, that individual would be tarred, feathered, set on fire and run out town on a rail with the word "SHILL" branded on his/her forehead.

#11     Nov 12, 2009
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Although you do have a point, if I learnt a good deal from them and made money because of them I wouldn't be affraid to back them up and even show brokerstatements. I assume there would be at least a few ex-students willing to do the same after 11 years, for God's sake.

Where are the students' yachts? :)

...and out of curiosity, I didn't find any monthly statements on their website. They have a day by day video, but there is no summarized result posted as far as I can tell.

On the other hand there is a legal note about hypothetical results. :cool:

"The performance relied upon by Traders International, Ltd. is based on hypothetical trading performance information. With respect to such performance, please note the following:
    Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed,..."

#12     Nov 12, 2009
  3. the1

the1

Here is the conclusion on TI. I previously managed a Hedge Fund and I currently run as a CTA and I am <b>not</b> required by law to use CFTC Rule 4.41 because my trading results are <b>real.</b>

What is CFTC Rule 4.41 you wonder? Here it is, lifted off the TI site. Any company who posts this rule does it because they are <b>required by law</b> to do so. In other words, it's highly likely some or all of their trading results are hypothetical.

<i>Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under -or over -compensated for the impact, any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated trading programs in general area also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that an account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. </i>

http://www.tradersinternational.com/usa/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=242&Itemid=74

#13     Nov 12, 2009
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

They are liars and cheats. Few years back they were advertising their head trader Franz Sohar and claimed he averaged 100k a day. As it turned out Franz was trading on simultor. He was stupid enough to show his x trader Dom, but when he entered the trades with large size, they never showed up on tape.

#14     Nov 12, 2009
  5. I have watched their free webinars multiple times, including the one today with Infinity Futures. I have never joined because they charged about $7000 the last time I checked over a year ago.

I watch a lot of free webinars because the presenter usually has to give away a good technique to attract customers. I think that their divergence and continuation patterns are quite good. In fact Afshin has made money in 4 of 5 webinars I have attended. If you watch his webinar a few times, you will be able to pick up these 2 techniques. I picked up a few good ideas from him today. I also like to put my charts up while his are up to try to get my stochastic and MACD to look like his. Mine are pretty close, but not quite exact.

The bottom line is that they have some good techniques, but are way too expensive. You can get plenty of good trading techniques by watching free webinars and by other courses that are a fraction of the cost. Good luck and good trading.

#15     Nov 13, 2009
  6. I have a business associate in Austrailia that lost a substantial amount of money with TI, I would stay far away.

The Ever Staying Away VIPER

#16     Nov 13, 2009

7. Is is very clear that you are a from TI ...

Those results are HYPOTHETICAL or FAKE:

"The performance relied upon by Traders International, Ltd. is based on hypothetical trading performance information. With respect to such performance, please note the following:
    Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under -or over -compensated for the impact, any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated trading programs in general area also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that an account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown."

http://www.tradersinternational.com/usa/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=242&Itemid=74

#17     Nov 14, 2009
  8. the1

the1

LOLOL. And people pay 7 Grand for this shit. I definitely went into the wrong business. :D

#18     Nov 14, 2009
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I appreciate the fact that you spent your 2nd ever post analyzing my posting habits, so I would like to return the favour and give you a lesson in Reading Comprehension 101.

Let's start the class, shall we? :)

Unlike your brain, mine is still working quite well, although my Alzheimer is acting up, so I checked what I said.

I said a FEW. I didn't say ALL you numbnut. Learn to read and comprehend. Wouldn't a few statisfied costumer PER YEAR be probable to come here from a very successful course? Specially after 11 years? Sure, it would be quite expectable...

And for your info there are 2 famous and most visited trading message boards and ET is one of them, so sooner or later every real trader finds it...

Since you claim to be one, would you care to share your P/L for the last 3-5 months? (with evidence it would be even dandy)

So why would thousands be coming to the site???

Well, they wouldn't because they don't exist. If there was a course churning out traders by the thousands who can do 1 point per day consistently we would have heard about it.. Simple as it is....It is possible that a few students actually learn at TI a few good things, but their number is not even in the hundreds.

P.S.: You might want to do a search on TI, we have a few lovely and locked threads on them.

#19     Nov 15, 2009
  10. the1

the1

Really George, how about posting some of that successful history you so quickly attribute to TI? And where exactly are all those successful TI traders? If you are experiencing such great success why are you so alone? And why exactly, if TI is so successful at teaching such a profitable method, would they have to trade in simulation mode?

"Those who can do and those who can't teach." That saying is no truer than in the wonderful world of trading.

725 posts and counting. Damn, that's 2.69 per day. I'm heading up to Pekelo territory. :(

#20     Nov 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.