Traders International Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by CharlesTrader, Apr 8, 2003.

1. gesundheit.

#21     Mar 10, 2005
  2. Email me or pm me about it -

#22     Apr 18, 2005
  3. I might have some info to help you - you can email or PM me

#23     Apr 18, 2005
  4. I think there are mulitple personalities running around offering advice about TIMES. Everyone be careful.

Reminds me of a movie I saw as a kid..."The Three Faces of EVe". Now there's a good one. Why don't they make movies like that anymore.

#24     Apr 18, 2005
  5. Trying to learn more about something before plunking down money. There are plenty of systems out there and most aint cheap.

#25     Apr 18, 2005
  6. Why don't you ask specific questions about it. What have you learned so far? Why are you interested? etc. Seems to me things are a little too vague here.

And just for the record....you are also Mikecazz who has posted earlier in the thread...

Fire away.

#26     Apr 18, 2005
  7. Right - trying to update username.

I like it because its 1m charts,
    I would guess faster scalps, less exposure.
    They have a point goal in mind and try to create a mechanical emotionless trade.
    They have live training for as long as you need it.

I dont like,
    the cost
    thier stop out rate in the free seminar
    everyone bad rapping it here

#27     Apr 18, 2005
  8. Okay. So you want quick action. Scalps of the wild beast. Like trying to pluck a hair off its back. It's not easy you know.

It's good you identified the type of trader you are. I agree with your comment that they have a valid profit target and a specific stop loss. Every new trader needs this direction. Live trading may make you more comfortable in the beginning. Only you know this answer.

The folks at TIMES are marketers and business people. They are capitalizing on every new traders dream. I admire them as business people and marketers..they have done a fine job with this product. They have gained a lot of credibility and AT(big cheese's intials) has done webinars for CBOT, etc. What we as business people have to understand is...."Does this make sense for me?" Is it a good way to begin or build a business plan?

Here at ET you have to absorb and filter. If you are getting a lot of "bad rapping" here, you should ask yourself why? Do you really think they are all jealous or are they trying to give you a clue to research the opportunity very carefully. I think you will find, that the success ratio of these 2 point trades is borderline on a 1 minute chart.

The indicators used in this system are not intellectual property or proprietary. They are standard off the shelf that anyone can dulplicate. So if that is the case, what are you buying. Well the answer has to be the on-going support, relationships, mentoring, etc. Is this worth $5000 dollars or would you rather develop your own system and risk $5000 to develop it yourself. Either way, it will take a lot of 2 point trades to recoup your investment.

I used to trade my own version of this system when I first started. I sort of copied what they were doing because it made sense. It took me several weeks to understand that it was not working for me, so I changed my methodology. As I developed as a trader, I knew that I did not like to trade against the short term trend so much. This system trades against the trend at its core. There are trend following signals that are taught. These are just buying pullbacks in a trend basically.

Respect what you are hearing from the folks here at ET, but at the same time.....use your ability to make a decision based on what you think is correct. If you are correct, wonderful. If not, move on. If you really want to be a successful trader, then you will be someday.

VT

#28     Apr 18, 2005
  9. With all due respect to everyone...this ain't the answer. Go to a quiet place and ask yourself if it makes sense that you will just buy a system from some vendor for lots of money and be a successful trader. Take a deep breath here and be honest with yourself about this logic. Soon after you reach the Zen state you will begin to laugh at your thoughts. We have all done this.

I have done it. I am at peace now and the $2000 golf clubs actually made my score worse

:p

#29     Apr 18, 2005
  10. thruline

thruline

Well, I've been checking this appoach out as well. I understand the limitations of divergence signals--learned some of them the hard way. I will say this in TIs defense: I attended THREE separate 'demos' including realt-time trades on the ES. I saw one 'clear' stop out in that time (others are hidden; they come to life when you are trading the right edge of the screen and screw up or take a marginal signal against a stronger trend; hindsight is such a little tramp!@). Mostly, I saw some very nice trades. So, I'm thinking I need to see about integrating this into what I'm already doing.

As far as the 5k goes, I think you're paying for 6mths of bell-to-bell mentoring with traders who are allegedly good and trading their own accounts. Who knows for sure? That's still alot of 'scude' as we say in Sicily.

I agree with the post praising the business acumen of these dudes. They got this part of the market nailed.

If you're determined to purchase something, check out Todd Mitchell's website. I think his company is 'Trading Concepts'. Another good business man. Lots of testimonials on the site. I resisted but, I think this guy is sincere, probably has a decent methodology and will do his damnedest to support clients. And, if you wait him out, you can probably get in for under 1k.

#30     Jul 15, 2005