traders in the sierras?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mojo59, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Not if you want untracked. Better be at the lifts and ready when they open. I traded from Park City for years and we had the 12" rule there too.

BTW, I would be very interested in working in an Incline office except that windsurfing is the sport now! Where you are in the Bay Area is ideal for that (but even better here in Oregon).

Jay

#11     Jan 10, 2003
  2. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

You guys are just a bunch of damn Ski Bums !
    Now I ask you - what kind of Life is that ?

I bummed in Tahoe and Wyoming for years - before I got toooo old -
    Now I just Trade - jeeez - what a come down.

Don't forget Wyoming - Jackson Hole is a great place and Targee is just over the hill.
    Wyoming has.. No Corporate Taxes ..... No state income taxes
    ( yes I work for the Wyoming tourist affairs dept. ).

.......oh yeah,,,,,and the winters are just a "Tad" cold.

#12     Jan 10, 2003
  3. Tea

Tea

Grey Davis and his tax hikes are going to chase a lot of people out of California again. 11% top rate.

By the way, what are the states with no income tax?

Washington
    Nevada
    Wyoming
    Alaska
    Florida
    Texas

there are a few more I believe....

#13     Jan 10, 2003
  4. one of the Dakotas, also Tennessee I think. There's 10 total.

#14     Jan 10, 2003
  5. Skied em both. Great mountains. These Tahoe boys have Squaw though which is hard to beat.

Jay

#15     Jan 10, 2003
  6. no kidding

.... just transferred a bunch of services (costs/responsibilities) to the counties, which will also juice the sales taxes. but, davis can then blame the local municipalities for tax hikes. next in line - $100 parking tickets, the CHP writing tickets for 66 mph commuters on the freeways (no that is not for blocking traffic in the slow lane, it is for SPEEDING). all cops will be writing tickets like their jobs depended on it (which they might). ill be doubly screwed - i got 3 tix in the last quarter of 2002 - my next car insurance bill is gonna have a NOTICABLE increase! at least they are still writing property policies even with all the mold lawsuits! i always take cold showers with the window open, and then blow dry the ceiling - just in case!

not to sound like a idahoan white-supremist crackpot, but somewhere along here democracy might get a test... more and more people in the state dont pay "squat" in taxes, but are granted the right to vote... i'd feel better if people had to own property of a certain value to EARN the right to vote... it seems all a politician here has to do is promise to get stuff for special interests including racial/ethnic groups, and they get elected - then they deliver.... hey wait a minute, maybe that's not only happening here?

watch what happens if they can repeal Prop 13.... they'll say, gee look at all the property taxes these rich people arent paying and their property values have skyrocketed (which is true) and they are taking advantage of their poor renters - and prop 13 is regressive for the newer property owners, since their assessments are closer to market. watch that vote go along the lines of property owners versus renters (and no, the added expense will not just be passed thru to renters). first prop 13 repeal and then rent control statewide - i'll buy the fork, california will be DONE!

BTW, do they still have that stupid luxury tax for cars over $30,000. why should i pay a tax 'cause everyone cant afford a $30,000 car - not even with no money down and no payments 'til the thing falls apart? tack a 10% luxury tax on top of a 9.25% sales tax on top of a $40,000 SUV and guess, what - you just made it almost a $50,000 SUV.... and that's w/o the special SUV tax that was proposed last year.... and the special soda tax... BTW, the special soda tax would have really increased the price of school lunches provided by McD and Pizza Hut!

i'd split a gut if the tobacco cos. sued the state for not utilizing the extorted funds, errrrrrr tobacco settlement cash, to educate the public on the obvious health hazards of smoking and tobacco. would that be sweet or what, since the used the dough to help cover growing expenditures/giveaways....

no talk of illegal immigrants paying non-resident rather than in-state fees and essentially wiping out an +/-$11,000 a year subsidy of people in the country illegally - while poor, lifetime california residents (CITIZENS) go wanting for funds. no bueno - that would piss of the latino caucus! now why dont they do that - its seems like an easy savings and pretty understandable too - i better ask mr. perez (alias), my local state assemblyman.

smaller businesses are gonna be the easiest targets - they are gonna get creamed everyway possible - then watch as more reasonable, business-friendly states again come "a calling'" for california's best and fastest growing small businesses to relocate - oh, and here's a subsidy and tax breaks to help you out!

needless to say, my residence will not be on the california side of tahoe!

gotta love the weather though!

:p :p :p

#16     Jan 11, 2003