Traders in Russia

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by skuznecz, Feb 11, 2007.

1. romik

romik

UK based trader, born Moscow, futures, stocks, Ukraine property. How are you Alex?

#31     Feb 14, 2007
  2. Privet Romik! Kak dela? Prostiite ya tolko duraka valyayu:D

#32     Feb 14, 2007
  3. Ya dolzhyn nachinat' rabotu sei chas
    Do vstreche!

#33     Feb 14, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

nice one - I remember few words from times we had Russian compulsory during communism....that't why I said "<i>refresh vocabulary</i>".

why is that that so many Russian people I know (in finance and academia) run away from Russia as far as possible, i.e. to Oz? ;)

#34     Feb 14, 2007
  5. currently it is not needed to leave russia. If you have laptop and Internet connection you can trade in russia as well as in Wall St.
    Thanks US for Internet :) it's real piece of freedom they give to world!

by the way, is there somebody from "Piter"?

#35     Feb 15, 2007
  6. Ukraine property? I gonna buy an appartments in Dnepropetrovsk. Do you know something about ukrainian law concerning real estate owned by foreigners? Is there any special tax if you buy or sell real estate in Ukraine?
    thanks in advance
    Sasha

#36     Feb 15, 2007
  7. romik

romik

8. Some years ago here I was invited to work at the local Russian Consulate here in Melbourne interpreting part-time (I knew the Consul who spent half of his time in Canada!)

The people who had an adjoining lease downstairs, The Russian Ethnic Representative Council (who ostensibly "helped" the Russian Community) complained that a capitalist (Me!) was allowed to work in the building.

I cannot see how a 'trader' can survive in Russia. Russians here in Australia complained about a 'capitalist' in a country with a 200 year history of capitalist endeavor!

What is the attitude of people there in Russia to trading?
    Does the mafia want a slice of the action?

#38     Feb 15, 2007
  9. I was born in the Decadent West thank God!

Talking to Russians here they tell me that ubiquitous corruption in all levels of government, corporate corruption, murder, cronyism, alcoholism, violence etc has something to do with it.

#39     Feb 15, 2007
  10. Some parts of true of what you say or think. Not knowing when you were in Russia last time...but that has transformed a lot to say the least but it's not something you can compare to other Western countries just yet but eventially it'll surpase many of it's European counterparts, Putin's "managed democracyh" is exactly what Russia needs in the short-run, note I said short-run but eventially in the Long run this will need to change.
    To make this an easy reading you can check few common facts - historically Russia was a strong country with strong boh intelectual and cultural background so ... this transition is just that transition. You don't have to go to Russia to see what cryniism is...plenty of it right in the good ol' US of A. Take G. W. for example...all this guy does appoint either his buddies or his dad's bodies to all government posts...
    Rember when Harriet Mayers was nominated to atturney general...that did not fly with the congress...next was his legal councel..Alberto Gonzalez...
    Next...his college buddy Michael Brown was head of FEMA was responsible for distaster in hurracain katrina fiasco and I am not even mentioning Halliburton which is "rebuilding and drilling" in Iraq.

Plenty of it here, Russia just starting out. Rubber barons of Russia are what it used to be in the US back in the 50's.

Go to Russia...buy something.

#40     Feb 15, 2007