Traders in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by NYSEtradinglog, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Hey NYSEtradinglog, are you still trading those systems you used to post on the journals forum? How is that going?

I'm in Melbourne too.

#11     Apr 22, 2005
  2. Everest

Everest

I fancy a six month skit in Australia -

The question is, what are the comms like?

I trade CME - does anybody do that in Aus who used to do it in Europe / US and has or has not found a difference in speed etc. ?

Any comments would be very welcome,

thanks

#12     Apr 22, 2005
  3. Everest

Everest

For that matter, same applies to New Zealand if anyone is doing it there?

thanks again

#13     Apr 22, 2005
  4. #14     Apr 22, 2005
  5. hi spector

Yes I do still trading those systems. The last half year was ok but I had about a year on the flat line for those EOD systems. I stopped posting because nobody is interested in a systems that flatlines ;)

[​IMG]

IBM hits me hard in most resend days but that’s part of the deal ;)
    Discipline even in slow times is very important, I think.

Are you interesting in sharing a cup of coffee and having some chit chat? I will contact you with PM.

Greetings

Dan

#15     Apr 22, 2005
  6. OddTrader thank you for the hint.

#16     Apr 22, 2005
  7. Those are some pretty respectable results. (Okay, nothing compared to some of our $2000/day daytrader superstars :D, but they are very good for the rest of us mortals). You showed very good discipline to stick with your systems during 2004.

And yeah, feel free to PM me when you get here. Have you been here before?

Everest: I've traded from the US and from Australia. No comm disadvantages that I could discern. (ie I see the price on the screen, click, and it's mine just as readily as it was in the US.)

#17     Apr 22, 2005
  8. Everest

Everest

thanks

#18     Apr 25, 2005
  9. Yo I'm from Australia.

18 years old, finishing school. Been mentored by a professional stock trader from o/s for almost two years, primarily trading US equities.

Anyone interested in getting in touch with me, PM me.

#19     Oct 21, 2006
  10. lol i live in melbourne. Melbourne is the best city in da world. pity about the water supplies :( might have to go desal if this drought lasts another few yrs

#20     Oct 22, 2006