Traders having ADD?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by BudFoxx, Aug 15, 2005.

1. ammo

ammo

try watching more markets ,drawing trendlines fibs,market profile on several correlated markets and how the others act when one nears supp.res..reading different news clips,keep yourself busy,at that point the add is an asset some dont possess,you are accepting it's faults and using it as a tool for it's strengths,won't have time for kleenex

#151     Feb 28, 2013
  2. ammo

ammo

that add wont go away so use it to your advantage,conquer it ,letting it conquer you is just not possible

#152     Feb 28, 2013
  3. Thanks,

I am not sure about its strengths, But I will say its weakness brought about strengths in me.

At times I feel like my learning style is off, that is to say that most will learn from experience and when things don't work they stop or vice versa.

I, like many traders (possible many of which could be ADD'ers) Do not learn from my mistakes. There is no I keep loosing money so I should stop fail safe.

This has caused me to generate a love for statistics. Knowing that relying on myself is not a good idea the other option was stat's. Once one learns that they can see that most will make decisions base on an insuficiant data or wrongly assessed data (one only remembers what they wish to.

Not focusing led to learning about many topics such as the language R (which I may try to learn)

It also showed, as you state, that there is no reason to be tied to an indicator. They all work as they are all being watched. The news too is good so long as one learns to read it properly, instead of looking for what an article is intended for, look at if there is evidence backing up the article that makes writing the article at that time an obvious one.

Many times there is news but there is nothing of substance in the news.It could seem good but it isnt , actually sometimes there may be something good that was expected missing. Or there could be good news while avoiding the really good news that people were hoping for.

Penny stocks too have hype. I was getting emails from some pump and dump company, Its incredible at the gains. Sure the news comes to us a bit late and the big bang is over, but there is still some juice left and a strategy could be made if one filters for say "companies that sound good"

ADD lets one look at many different indicators or ideas in depth. From that one learns that there simply are a bunch of oppertunities in the market and which one it is makes no difference.

It becomes clear that it is a numbers game and a science.

This is great. The down fall is that now we have keep track of how each idea preforms and enter based on rules of each idea that should be documented based on previous trades.

Its alot of keep track. On top of that, we have to watch our ratios when we enter and make sure it is worth it, so we have to add in some quick simple math.

I cant tell you how many times I saw a great oppertunitiy and realised them my goal would barely cover my risk and fees.

But the news strategy treated me the best. Even if one enters at the wrong time it does not mean they loosed money. you wait for a spike if it doesn't come then either you lost a bit or won a bit, the percent win or loss when it doesn't come is very small compared to ones target. It will also even out 50 50 over time. meaning ones loses could be limited to 0.
    Maybe I've over simplified.

We are good at the fun interesting and developing side. keeping track and ratios and all that is annoying and that is where looses are incurred.

An ADD may to understand that one investment is not worth it while another investment may be worth it. They need to calculate that, simplest of formulas I'm sure, but the diversion of learning a new program or the latest in math/stats will divert us from adding 2 numbers.

#153     Mar 5, 2013
  4. ammo

ammo

when i was young they hadn't typo'ed add's yet,you were just difficult and caught a lot of flak,learned to adjust,never were felt sorry for or had an excuse that gave you a pass,that's one of the downsides of growing up with it today,you recieve sympathy and are excused for a lot of things that one is responsible for himself,if you want to trade you have to put yourself in a drawer and forget about it,it's just your brain against the market, you won't be able to succeed if you bring anything more than that to the table,add or not

#154     Mar 5, 2013
  5. seriously, if you are talking about ADD you are not at that level to be a success. no liberal bullshit blaming the environment, you have a problem. fix yourself.

#155     Mar 6, 2013
  6. Fair enough. Realize I just come on here when I am pissed off. Also when I hear people bashing the idea or meds for children. I also do that places where people are too pro med.

It is something, its drawbacks are severe and unquantifiable in some sense and we can over come many of the negatives at times. But every one has it differently.

So instead of just dropping it , we should consider its benefits.

I have come to a point in my life where I have decided to try to go with it.

Not to overcome it, not to fight it , not to work around it.
    Doing so has put me in front of the pc for hours on end. My ironic passion for numbers guides me.

Business ideas, quantum mechanics trading, ect has lead me to new knowledge.

I know nothing about alot of stuff.

In todays world of big data and the intelligence age, one seems to have an edge when they are good at 2-4 fields.
    I am bad at 100. So the trend of specializing to diversifying is not yet at my level.

But I am learning alot and my eyes are open instead of closed.
    I would like to think that I can outsource the complex ideas.

The plan though is in my hands, what needs to be done is known by knowing a little about many ideas.
    For example, I know little math, but I know that economists use probabilities differently then physicist. Also I know that there are a few times in the development of a science where we reach new grounds that contradict what we once knew. But the old ideas may not have been discredited. They may still be valid.

I was going to give an example of this but as it turns out I have viewed 3000 youtube videos many form university classes. Unfortunately I thought I would be easy to find.

I guess it turns out I cant even remember many of my discoveries.

Oh well I just go with the flow and I am also guided by the site. Just follow Jacks posts and search for things that seem interesting to start.

So I will keep you posted as to the benefits,

One thing I have noticed is the bad luck. This is normal when you do not think like the masses. They will only work with their kind. The number 1 thing people look for when going for a job is not how good you are (as this is not measurable). Instead if you say you have what they need they just need to know that you will a "good addition" to the company. That is to say you will bring doughnuts on birthdays, and can type a damn email.

But the luck factor I speak of goes further then the things related to ADD.

I had an injury last week. It is getting better, my laptop screen broke, my alternative hobby which has not been touched in so long was not usable. This was the past few days.

Add in to this related things and it just makes me wonder why ?

I type this as the fact that all those videos that had something to revisit are now buried.

But to stay positive, if I come across them again my intuition will remember something about them and tell me that there is something to look in to .

Intuition, that is the tool. All information is lost when stored but the intuition tells me to stop and re analyse something.

This week I see my doc. right when I am getting a bit comfortable with myself he will probably have my cure

#156     Mar 25, 2013