Traders having ADD?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by BudFoxx, Aug 15, 2005.

1. BudFoxx

BudFoxx

Read a small article on Trader magazine of traders are more prone to ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).

I definitely feel a shorter attention span, waking up early, and a weaker memory.

...might be the liquor but not sure.

any traders with similar symptoms out there?.. or any cures?

they mention high protein low carb, exercise, and fish oil as being helpful.

2. Sometimes people mistakenly diagnose ADD instead of snob. It just takes some people to realize it.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

I know a guy, who use bold colors chart with big trend lines they help him to remember what the heck he is trading.

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

one more thing, he traded on tick chart that way he made sure that his memory would last longer than his trade :D

5. kjsnow25

kjsnow25

q: How many people with ADD does it take to change a light bulb?

a: wanna go for a bike ride?

6. I think Bud forgot he started this thread ;)

7. BudFoxx

BudFoxx

loss of memory never effects my trades.. in fact i can remember 90% of NYSE stock symbols and 100% of SP500.

just effects things outside of trading.

8. the incidence of "ADD" in america is overexposure to stimuli.. it's good to keep a mystery to things like, the pu#sy.

9. Dang cat... always jumping onto the keyboard...

What was this thread about?... I don't remember...

Jeez... I think I need some new monitors... well... end of this talk...

I probably could of kept up with this thread if I had remembered to
    take my Ritalin today... hmmm... I wonder where it is...

10. my memory has turned to crap after trading. i am a NYSE scalper, which probably rots your memory even faster as opposed to holding stuff longer. you have to keep in mind, trading is pretty much a monkey's job unless you do heavy quant analysis.

since i scalp, it is not uncommon for me to put on 50+ trades in a day over 25+ different stocks. when you trade that much, 5 days per week, 50 weeks per year, your memory only stores information in 5 second to 5 minute intervals.

i even find myself referring to companies outside trading by their symbol. for example, instead of saying "let's get some gas at Valero", i will say "VLO" instead.

another victim of trading is that my spelling and vocabulary has reverted back to a high school level.

#10     Aug 15, 2005