Traders from RUSSIA...wake up

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Skywalker, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Hello Russian Traders,

I'm Jamie, and I currently trade US Stock index futures in Chicago. I am currently trying to find an opportunity to trade in Moscow. Ideally I would like to get on board with a trading desk of a big bank, or with a prop firm. I have no clue as to where to even start to do this. I was hoping some of you could give me some help.

#21     Nov 17, 2005
  2. Hi Wonderjeb,
    so you want to move to Russia ?

I just can tell you that there are no prop firms at all,
    our stock market is too young for that.

What about foreign markets, our laws still don't allow to trade them. All of us who trade there officially are outlaws.

So what for are you going to Moscow ? ;))

#22     Nov 17, 2005
  3. ig0r

ig0r

Hey guys,

born in Minsk living and trading from Michigan.

Medveshonok, haha, clasni nickname

#23     Nov 17, 2005
  4. I am looking for a change of pace, and to get out of these stale US markets. I have always been interested in Russia - although I have not yet been there. My family is Russian, so I am somewhat familar with the culture.

So you are saying that .. living in Russia, you can only trade Russian markets? How are the futures & options markets evolving? It seems that this is a market with alot of potential. What is it that you do?

#24     Nov 17, 2005
  5. Wonderjeb,

it's always nice to meet people interested in russian culture :)
    You are welcome.

For a short info on russian market here are couple links:

http://www.micex.com/ - MICEX - it's the main stock exchange in Russia, residents used to trade there. trading in russian rubles.

http://www.rts.ru/?tid=2 - RTS - another exchange, with a much less volume, trading in US dollars.

http://www.bcs.ru/eng/ - leading russian broker. I trade through them on micex.

Well what about me, I successfully scalp russian stocks, such as Lukoil and RAO UES on Micex..
    Honestly speaking they are the only 2 stocks that suited for active intraday scalping.

So the liquidity is not enough for me that is why i'm trying to switch to US futures market.

I have accounts in Oanda and futures account with Transact.
    Here i'm not successful yet r))

And yes russian residents can trade foreign markets, but it's not lawfully. For example still there are no such words as "futures" and "forex" in russian laws.

Take care.

#25     Nov 18, 2005
  6. dac8555

dac8555

hi guys. Question. I live in central america, have no connection or desire to live in Russia. But, i read ablot about the quality of life in other countries. Overall, russia has a very, very low quality of life. do you agree with this?

#26     Nov 18, 2005
  7. Privet, Anton :)

Nu softina Vasha nado skazat' vyglyadit ves'ma i ves'ma solidno ))

Kak burshui k ney otnosyatsa ?

Sergey.

#27     Nov 18, 2005
  8. substanz

substanz

Privet vsem !

Menya zovut Sasha.
    Ya iz francii.
    Tradiruyu (pytayus) na index futures, osobenno na YM. Izuchayu Forex, amerikanskie stocki.

#28     Nov 18, 2005
  9. So Medveshonok,

I take it that you are an independent trader? Do you know anyone who trades on a desk for a big bank?

#29     Nov 18, 2005
  10. BARRELL

BARRELL

objective answer would be "yes"

subjective - "no"

#30     Nov 18, 2005